It Was A Sin

Listen to this song, my friends. The best song I've ever heard.

My heart goes out to all in Las Vegas. I'm sorry people are so hateful.

Pray for Las Vegas.

"Dad? What are you doing here?" I ask, opening the door further. He forces a smile onto his face.

"I told you I would be coming. I gave you time and now your time is up. You need to pack quickly because our flight leaves in an hour." He glances at his watch.

"I'm not going with you. You don't have custody of me."

"Honey, please don't make this difficult. Trust me, I've got a nice place by the beach for you to raise them." He gestures to my stomach.

"I'm not going. You need to leave before I call the police." I went to shut the door but his foot blocked it. "Dad, leave, now. I'm not leaving with you."

"Baby, please. I'm trying to help."

"Since when do you want to help me? You left me and mom to fend for ourselves. Fuck you," I try to shut the door again, but his hand presses against the door.

"Darling, I'm trying. I want to be part of your life." I look into his eyes and see myself. I was a spitting image of my father.

"You should have though about that before you left." I slammed the door, not caring if his hand or foot with in the way of the door.

"Dammit," I breathe and run my fingers through my hair. That was the first time I've seen my father since he left all those years ago. I sit down on the couch and try to calm my breathing.

"Sydney?" Dallas calls from the entrance.

"In here." I answer and take in one more deep breath.

"I've got your homework-, what's wrong?"

"It's nothing," I brush it off.

"It's not nothing if you look like that."

I give him a tight smile, "Gee, thanks."

"What happened?" He sat the folder down on the coffee table and took a seat next to me.

"My father."

"What about him?" he questioned.

"He was here. He wants me to go live with him." Dallas was silent for a second.

"What did you tell him?" He whispered. I could hear the worry in his voice.

"I told him to fuck off and leave me alone. He's only doing this because my mother told him about the pregnancy. He doesn't actually care about me. Don't worry, I would never leave you. Not unless you want me to."

Warm arms wrap around me. He pulls me onto his lap. "I never want you to leave." I smile and press my lips against his.

I pull back and rest myself on his chest. He plays with my hair as I listen to his breaths.

"Did you pick out something sexy for me?" I laugh and hit his chest.

"I guess you'll just have to wait and see."

"Mmm," he hums in my ear, his arms tightening around my waist.

"As much as I'd like to continue, I need to do my school work and finish putting away my new clothes." I kiss his pout and hop off his lap.

I take my folder upstairs and start on my assignments. Math, English, and History homework.

Three hours later, I had completed the assignments, the homework, and re written the notes just to make sure I understood everything.