The Party

“No!!” My dad said. Dad please, I been doing well with all of my school work, and it’s not like I’m a flunky. I said trying to bride my dad so I can go to the party. “Camilla I don’t won’t to upset you, I just came home and you pull this on me, now how am I going to say no, when you know I going to feel sad saying it” my dad said sounding sincere. “That’s the point dad, please I do really well and I’m actually staring to get notice at school dad…please” I ask with a puppy doll face. “How do you think you’re mom going to feel about this Camilla Reed” My dad said sounding like a genius. “umm…she going to say no” I said sounding sad “well, you do be doing good at school” my dad said “yea… and I know I pass my test!!!” I said cutting my dad off “let me finish Camilla” my dad said looking very serious right now “yes sir”.

            My dad said yes, and he said he’ll deal with my mom later. I was getting ready for the party and it was 8:46pm. I did my hygiene and I put on my lace dress. The back of the dress was open which means you can see my whole back. I had on my black heels and my hair was press out which was to my shoulder which was looking very thick and healthy. My make-up was on point and I was ready to head out the door, it was 10:54pm already and Tasha calls me on my IPhone telling me she was outside. “Bye dad” I said getting him a kiss on the cheeks. “Bye…Camilla what the hell do you got on” My dad said looking like his eyes is about to pop out his head “a dress” I said being sarcastic “a hooker dress” my dad said “DAD!! COME ON” I said very piss “Come here” My dad said.

            I follow my dad up stairs to my mom and his room. And he took out a wedding dress my mom had on for the reception. “Dad come on nooo!!!” I said…like is he serious right now “Camilla it looked better what you have on right now…and who gave you that dress anyways” Dad said “Auntie Rosanna” I said “Of Course, I should’ve known” My dad said. “Go ahead put it on” my dad said walking out the room. I put the stupid dress on, and I looked like I was about to go in a flower field, to pick some flowers. I went back down stairs to my dad and just stood in front of him with a stale face. He turned around with the wildest smile on his face, “better… now you look good Camilla…I bet you’ll get the most stares” my dad said…yea the most stares looking crazy.” Go ahead now you don’t won’t to be long” my dad said kissing my cheeks walking me to the door.

            I walk out the house looking embarrassed as hell. “hey” I said to Tasha “this a joke right” Tasha said referring to my dress. I told Tasha the whole story while she was driving to her house, and she couldn’t stop laughing. “Come on Tasha that’s not funny, you have to help me out” I said sounding so serious. “Ok I gotcha” Tasha said stopping at her house. We made it in and we went upstairs to her room and she gave me some clothes. Tasha pick me out some light blue Levi jean high wastied shorts, white T-shirt a gold chain and some white pump heels…I looked sexy. Tasha came up stairs and she just stare at me “DAMN!! You looked sexy girl” Tasha said looking astonished “we have to take a pic girl” Tasha said “a pic?” I said unsure what she was talking about “yea a picture so I can put it on Instagram” Tasha said taking out her phone. We took a picture with each other and we looked good, she caption it as “Most Stares Or Nahh!!”.

            We finally arrive at the party and we had the most head turns. People were looking at us like we were angles walking in there. I can say the thirst was real. “Hey I’ll be right back, catch you later” Tasha said shouting threw the loud music. Really, I was walking around trying to find the kitchen until someone smacks me on my butt. “EXCUSE ME SIR, BUT YOU DO NOT DO THAT, I AM A YOUNG BLACK WOMON AND I DESERVE SOME RESPECT” I said I mean did anybody teach him some home training. The boy started to laugh and walk away >__<. “You ok ma” I looked up and it was Tasha brother “umm..yea” I said, wow he looked very fine “that’s good…so you came with someone” he asked “what you mean” I asked bewildered “like with your boy or sum” Tasha Brother ask “nope…just your sister” I said, it looked like he was happy.