SEVEN → Written Work

IN CHARACTER RAMBLINGS AND THINGS THAT SHOULD NEVER BE

There's something about Angelo that Benedict fears. Is it his limitless abilities? The constant absence of worries and evil in himself? The very existence of this kind angel that he thinks is almost impossible to be even real?

... Or, was it that lingering thought that's always chewing at his nerves. That one idea that he'd hate to even think about...

... Does he actually fear that Angelo - a bright sun, an innocent angel of white and gold - is getting too close with a monster like himself?

"Benedict! Hello? Are you okay?"

Said man's train of thoughts go to a sudden halt under the light of a street lamp, yellow flickering from dark to bright. Angelo stands before him, his piece of hair still managing to stick up like some kind of halo in the dark and the small bits of white floating around him within the light like feathers of a real angel.

For once in his goddamn pitiable life, he sees beauty.

He could barely breathe at the sight of him.

Then, he remembers why he's so afraid of him.

His saintly self, the kindness always radiating from him, the golden heart than shone through him like a beam in the dark, and the hand that he always offers despite better judgement. He knows this all too well:

Martyrdom.

Benedict Evangelos was afraid of losing him in martyrdom.