EIGHT → Written Work

A STAR'S GRIEVANCE

"On a scale of one to ten, how much do you love Shinra?"

"One hundred."

Miracle wishes, from the very depths of his heart, that it was him who said that. It's such a stupid wish for someone like himself to be making, especially during this time of crisis and lives at stake. To have the capacity of wishing, even, is a proof of failure and inability to be fair in his decisions. It's proof of how much something as simple as love has fucked up the almighty leader of a group of chosen people.

Miracle decides to keep these musings to himself when asked if he hated something about himself. "I mean, you are the head honcho of the group. I doubt you would become the leader if you had any doubts about yourself."

"That's a secret only for myself to hear."

The so called Utor shakes her head, deciding to have that line cut off when they broadcast the episode. After that, the staff allows them to leave the studio and head back home. Everyone else leaves in pairs and groups. Miracle is of no exception (only for the sake of not seeming like a loner - a perfect man such as himself shouldn't be alone now, can he?). It's almost a blessing that he and Daiya go the same route, Miracle can mask the same route reason for an assisting home excuse when asked.

As the both of them head home, the sun disappears behind a pair of hills. A blanket of stars take the sun's place, painting their quiet walk home a million shades better than normal. Such a setting gives way to a possibility of secrets, of meetings that only the people involve may know, and intimate moments to be made under the careful gaze of the moon.

At that notion, Miracle thinks: would those two be on a meeting right now, exchanging secret messages for only their ears and kisses no other people may never get a chance to know? It's a thought that hurts him and forces him to wear a smile to hide that pain that spreads across his body and heart.

It pains him that Miracle can never be the person that holds that person's hand. He is only a star amongst a sea of many more and that person chooses a planet rather than any of them.

He gives a silent sigh of sans satisfaction at that thought, one that Daiya catches despite Miracle's best attempts to hide it. The girl decides, at that moment, to offer comfort despite her own code of conduct towards men - she slides her hand into the other person's and squeezes.

And that hand is warm, not as warm as that person's body, the same one that shielded him from so many adversaries and problems. It's the same one that he has come to cherish and that she can never replace no matter how many times she tries. It's mere fact that Miracle loves that person so much that it hurts, despite knowing that starts like him can never touch black holes that take everyone's feelings and destroys them by just one simple action.

Miracle can't help but to cry and laugh. He squeezes Daiya's hand back to say he's fine, but the leader's far from okay.

They reach home without a hitch. Miracle untangles his grasp from Daiya's and gives the girl a fond farewell and a promise to not cry again after this.

That doesn't stop him from thinking, though.

A NOTE: I would like to thank -phantomthief for giving me the opportunity to angst