Part 2: I've Been Searching Through The Dark

Moxie's POV:

I. AM. SO. BORED! There's nothing to do in this stupid tent except sleep! It's still quite dark out there since I slept almost the whole day... I still don't think I'll be getting used to it anytime soon. I looked around and I saw Treat sat outside! Shouldn't she be with Mochi at her cabin? I don't blame her for wanting to see me since I hardly go anywhere, but still... It's a little bit weird... Strange, even. I got up and went out to her. What I saw surprised me... She was crying! I shouldn't be letting this happen! Time for Moxie 101 again! I slowly walked over, not wanting to scare her, as I saw her ears and tail drooped down from being upset. "Treat?"

-----

Treat's POV:

"Treat?" I heard Moxie's voice call out to me, as i turned my head and saw her right next to me. I knew she didn't want to scare me. I need her comfort here. She's the only one I have now. "Mochi left me..." As soon as I said that, Moxie looked really angry, not because of me, but because of Mochi. She looked at a tree and kicked it in pure rage. "If she DARES to show her face around here, I'll show her you don't mess with Moxie! I'll tear her little body to shreds!" I honestly thought Moxie was cute when she was angry, not because of the anger, not because of the things she says, but because of her dedication to help the people around her. She's a good person, even if she doesn't want others to know about it... "I really don't see a big problem in it-" And of course, Moxie cut me off, as always. "She left you behind! What happened to her never leaving you? What happened to repaying you for saving her from me? What happened to your feelings?!" I honestly forgot Moxie knew I loved Mochi, but I have a sneaky suspicion she likes someone too. I just don't know who yet. "Moxie, I'll be fine alone... I'm used to it..." Then, Moxie randomly hugged me! I didn't hesitate and hugged back, slowly and weakly. She could tell i was struggling with all this emotion.

-----

Moxie's POV:

"If you want me to live with you this time... I will... I can't bear to see you like this, Treat." I looked at her, almost in tears myself. I like Treat, both platonically and romantically. I'd never admit it, obviously! But it's the truth. I saw her face light up when she heard those words come out of my mouth, and he ears and tail were no longer drooped, and were up in happiness. "Moxie, I don't know what to say... Except thank you..." She was so innocent, how could I ever say no to her like this?! "It's alright! Moxie's always here to help! Besides, we're even now, so why not?" She nodded her head in agreement and said "There's no need to wander through the dark anymore. Wanna know why?" I tilted my head. "Why...?"

"Because you've found your hope, and I found mine..."

(WOOO! YAY, PART 2! Part 3 out tomorrow)