52~ A Battle Against All Odds -part two-

As was Jack, who was a bit unnerved and stunned to have yet another run-in with Davy Jones, who laughed.

"Looked here, boys," Jones taunted, is crew surrounding him and Jack. "A lost bird. A lost bird that never learnt to fly!" He unsheathed his sword and Jack shrugged innocently.

"To my great regret," he said around a mouthful of rainwater. "But..." he ran to the railing and wrapped his hand around a rope. "... never too late to learn, eh?" He then smashed the side of the chest against a coil of rope, which was attached to a corner of one of the sails, and the crew of the Dutchman watched in surprise as Jack went flying up into the air, still holding tightly to the chest.

Jack wasn't quite sure where to go from there once he was off the deck of the Dutchman, but he went along with it as he was jerked forward and his feet touched the top mast. "Whoa!" He released the rope and caught his balance, swinging himself with a small smile of triumph, which faded as a certain octopus-faced Captain materialized out of the mast in front of him.

Davy Jones unsheathed his sword again. "The chest, hand it over."

Jack unsheathed his own sword. "I can set you free, mate."

"My freedom was forfeit long ago," Jones answered, before charging forward with a yell.

Amounts the rain and the wind, and while the two ships still circled each other on the churning waters, Jack SParrow and Davy Jones became locked in an intense sword fight atop the top mast of the Flying Dutchman. It was a surprise to any who saw how they could keep their balance, but as they were both some of the most experienced fighters in the world - at least in the world of pirates - it was not so much of a worry for them.

Meanwhile, the Black Pearl and the Flying Dutchman were sailing closer and closer to the middle of the maelstrom, and with the cannons above and below deck still firing, crew members on both ships stood at the railing and prepared to swing over to the other ship.

With wild battle crows and flailing limbs, pirates from both ships swung across on thick roped, some getting shot down or run through in the air and falling into the ocean before they even made it across. On the Black Pearl, Will, Maddie and Elizabeth were all on the deck and unsheathed their weapons. Side by side, Will and Maddie fired pistols at pirates swinging over from the Dutchman, managing to hit either them or the rope they were holding onto and they fell into the ocean.

However, members of both Davy Jones' crew and the Company made it across, and Maddie was instantly locked in a sword fight with one. She ducked and swung and stabbed and slashed, like she had done so many times over her years of fighting with a blade. There was never a moment she's forgotten what she had learnt, it all seemed to come naturally.

Elizabeth and Will were locked in their own battles, sometimes fighting back to back with another crew member or each other before running across the deck to avoid being killed. At the helm, Barbossa was battling a member of Jones' crew, and laughed manically as the pirate got his sword trapped in the ship's wheel and he punched the pirate, knocking him senseless before running him through with his sword.

Maddie was tackled backwards onto the stairs, and received a hard punch before she managed to kick her opponent away and scramble u other stairs, ducking just in time for another pirate to stab the one pursuing her. He battled back to back with Barbossa for a moment before flipping off the railing again and leaning on the deck, locking herself in the fight once more.

Will had never been more grateful for his training sessions with Maddie than he was now; he had never thought all those mornings of fighting behind closed doors in the shed of a blacksmith's would lead p to this moment. He beheaded one pirate and ducked the attack of another, and as more swung onto the deck from the Dutchman he quickly disposed of the pirate he was fighting, spotting a familiar figure behind him.