02 : diagon alley

''Are you sure you want to go all by yourself?'' questioned her uncle for the umpteenth time.

Bridget rolled her eyes. ''Yes sir, I am completely capable of going by myself.''

The man sighed. ''If you say so. Don't say I didn't warn you.''

She grinned. ''I may have not been to Diagon Alley before, but i'm qualified to do things on my own. Besides i'm fifteen, and that's a rather mature age in my book.''

He smirked. ''You'll never be mature to me. Have fun!''

Kissing her uncle goodbye, Bridget walked over to her new house's fireplace with a handful of floo powder. She stood in the precise centre, and shouted the magic words.

''Diagon Alley!''

The next thing she knew was that she was coughing hard in a store filled with robes of different shapes and sizes. The room was quite large and had lots of room and space used wisely. There wasn't many people in it; in fact there was only a lady there, and she was making her ways towards Bridget. 

''Oh my dear!'' she fussed. ''Are you okay?''

Her dark hair was curled into different directions, and the very few wrinkles on her face displayed the fact that she was middle aged.

''Yeah, im fine,'' Bridget said confusedly, staring at her jumper.

It's once white colour was covered in ash, turning it into a dark grey colour. She sighed. Wearing white would just give you bad luck. 

The woman watching her gave out a hand to help, Bridget gladly accepting as she was hoisted up.

''Thank you so much,'' she said politely. 

''Madam Malkin is my name, and this is my robe store for all occasions. This is quite rare actually, no one ever ends up here by floo powder. Majority end up in Florish and Botts, how curious!'' she exclaimed.

''Oh, I never knew that! Actually, this is my very first time in Diagon Alley.''

The shock on Madam Malkins face was hard to hide. ''Are you from this area?''

''Actually no, i'm originally from Bulgaria.''

''Ah,'' she mused. ''If I may ask, are you here on holiday or staying permanently?''

''The latter. I'll be starting Hogwarts this September.''

''Why, my dearie! This is the most unusual thing that has occured in quite a while. You see, there aren't many transfers to Hogwarts. In fact, I can't even remember when the last transfer came!''

Bridget frowned. ''Yes, that is quite unusual.''

She certainly didn't want to be in the centre of attention, and greatly hoped that wouldn't be the case in school.''

''Do you need any robes for school? Or has someone gotten you them?''

''Actually, no I haven't! Would you mind helping me?''

 ▬▬▬ 

Within the next hour, all of Bridget's uniform pieces were neatly folded into the bag she had slinged around her shoulder. She would have complained by the amount of clothing that was lagging her behind, but in Durmstrang, it was a whole lot worse. 

She knew she couldn't complain about it. 

It turns out that ''Madam Malkins Robes for All Occasions'' was only deserted for the first ten minutes she had been there. It was only a coincidence that she turned up right on the opening time.