Chapter II | So, This is Tokyo, Huh?

3rd POV

A raven haired man stood a few feet away from a young silverette in the main floor of a three-story home. The young girl reached out for him, opening her mouth to speak, but found that she couldn't. The man smiled at her lovingly and said to her "take care of your siblings until I come back, okay, Aka-chan?" The smiling man waved at her before turning and walking away from her, not acknowledging her efforts to make him stay. As she ran towards him to pull on his arm, hug him, anything to stop him from leaving, he vanished, leaving her in the house alone, and everything turned dark.

Akari's POV

I woke up with a start, gasping silently. I managed to calm down and I looked out the window. The sight was interesting at first but after a while...

'Bland'

'This whole thing...is bland'

'There's no other way to describe it; I just feel...bland. It's like an unnatural calm feeling with no happiness, no excitement, no...nothing. It's bordering boredom but it's...not at the same time. This is so...odd. I don't feel the initial excitement of going to Japan. I've dreamed about going, and anticipated it as soon as I found out. It doesn't feel surreal, it just feels...devoid of normal emotions. It's like this strange empty feeling.'

I sighed to myself as I stared out the window. 'I shouldn't be thinking like this', I thought to myself as I slapped my cheeks hard. 'I can't let...this...get me down! I'm going to see grandma and grandpa soon! I'm going to Japan! He wouldn't want me thinking like this!'

"Akari? What are you doing?", my half asleep brother slurred out. 'That was close! I can't have him worrying about me! I can handle this myself!' 'Nothing, Kyle! I'm just so excited!', I wrote and smiled with as much energy I could muster.

"Ari, I get your excited, but you should get some more sleep, okay? Jet lag's a pain to deal with, so we might as well try to adjust to Bunkyō's* time. Let's have all the energy we can to enjoy this to the fullest!", Kyle said to me energetically, which was kind of odd, considering he just woke up. 'That's Kyle for you; the enthusiastic mother hen', I thought, sweat dropping. 'Okay, you should go back to sleep, too; you look exhausted', I wrote to him.

Kyle's hair was ruffled and messed up, and his glasses were tilted from having slept with them on. There were slight bags under his eyes from waking up early this morning to get everything ready to go. "Yea, that's a good idea. 'Night Ari!", he said lethargically as he went back to sleep. 'Well, it's been a long day, so I should try going to sleep', I thought as I felt myself slowly succumb to sleep.

-—-—-—•—-—-—-
"—ari~. Akari~! Wake up, honey! We're here!", I heard my mom say as I roused from my slumber. 'Wait. We're...we're here?!' I looked at my mom excitedly. She only chuckled and confirmed that we had, in fact, landed in Tokyo. I swung my head to look through the window and I was met with a stunning view of the city.

I looked back at my mom, absolutely ecstatic

I looked back at my mom, absolutely ecstatic. "Akari, I think you're sparkling! Are you really that excited?", my mom chuckled when I nodded firmly with huge grin on my face.

-—-—-—•—-—-—-

It was really late when we got to my grandparents house and everyone looked exhausted, especially Hazel. She looked like a zombie as she staggered around, mumbling incoherent words underneath her breath. Her movements were very sluggish and I wouldn't be surprised if she passed out as soon as her head hit the pillow. 'Well, she always did hate waking up', I thought to myself, sweat dropping yet again because of my siblings. 'The fact that she tends to get plane sick doesn't help her either. Oh Hazel, you poor soul.'

There were butlers and maids who took our luggage, which was kind of odd, considering we were brought up in a modest house. "Oh, you really don't have to do that! We can take care of our stuff", mom smiled uneasily at the maid who grabbed her bag, also unused to the special treatment. "It's quite alright, miss! Please, let me take your bag to your room for you", the maid reassured mom while taking her bag and walking into the mansion.

"Grandma! Grandpa! It's good to see you", Kyle beamed at them. "It's good to see you too dear", grandma said kindly. "Hn", grandpa grunted with a small smile and a sturdy nod. "May, it's so nice to see you again! How have you been?", grandma asked mom gently. "As much as I can be, considering what happened", mom sighed sadly before she forced a smile. "Well, it's been a long day, and a certain raven-haired daughter of mine looks more than a little tired. Why don't we all go to bed and we catch up tomorrow?"

"Sounds like a plan to me!", grandma said. "Hn", grandpa grunted in agreement. One of the butlers led us all to our rooms, the rooms going in order of Hazel, mom, me, then Kyle. We all bid each other good night and we went into our respective rooms. 'So, this is Tokyo, huh? Looks fun', I thought as I slowly gave into sleep.
————————————————————————*Bunkyō is the district in Tokyo where Ouran is located. It's an actual district apparently. It looks so fun! I wish I could go see it -3-

-—-—A/N—-—-
I'm sorry!!!! I've been kinda busy and when I'm not busy, I completely forget about this story. Whenever I do remember it, I'm doing things, and I know I shouldn't make excuses; I just thought that you should know. I have plans for this story so just know, while updates may be infrequent and unpredictable, I haven't given up on this story! I'm going to give it my all to write a good story for you guys! Hope you enjoy it!