one

He was blue today.

The boy who lived from next door to your house looked annoyingly attractive in a way that you can't put your finger on. He always looked good, but lately, he seem to wear a frown on his face more often than usual. The frown meant something and you wanted to know why. Maybe it was about school? Maybe he has a girlfriend and they broke up that's why he looked stressed. At first it was a simple tug of curiosity, now, it seemed to have evolved into feelings. He is on his third year of college and you're only high school junior. You and him are five years apart.

You meet him everyday outside your house when you both walk to the bus stop. He lives next door to your house. He never talked to you or you to him even though you stand beside each other as you wait for the bus. He just stares straight ahead with his earphones plugged into his ears. The bus arrived, and you always sat across him. No reason in particular. He looked out the window, gazing out into the view of several tall buildings, too apathetic to care about what was happening around him that he didn't notice you stealing glances at him. At first, it was nothing but now you're not do sure.

The next day, he wore a jacket with a red hoodie. It was a bit chilly as you yourself wore an extra layer of coat over your uniform. Today, his lips looked especially tinted and his cheeks burned red. He didn't have earphones and he was dozing off as if he didn't sleep at all. the previous night.

You stared at him, positive that he wouldn't notice you blatantly watching him sleep. You wanted so bad to take the seat beside him and rest his drooping head on your shoulder. Then, you panicked slightly the moment he opened his eyes and met yours but you managed to keep your cool. You quickly looked somewhere else just to avoid the embarrassing confrontation. He caught you staring at him and that made him smile a little. He hid it under the pretense of reading something funny on his phone while seeing how you pretend to be oblivious to him.

You saw him smile and you thought he looked different when he smiles. Suddenly, he was yellow. Like the sun, radiant. You stopped looking at him, afraid you'll get caught again. The bus stopped at your destination and you got off before him. He goes to a known university and you only see each other in the morning when you go to school and in the afternoon when it's time to go home. You both ride the same bus going home and sit at the same seats, across each other, without ever talking to each other.

You walked to school, a two minute walk from the bus stop, and prepared for another dreadful day. You hated that your first period was Physical Education. You hate sweating the first half of the day and having to shower in the girl's locker room where the guys always — always — find a way to get pictures of girls in underwear. Guys in your school are so stupid and immature. You wish you weren't in the same school but you were and it sucks having to see them everyday.

🎀

Today, when going home, he wasn't there. His was at was empty as you stared at it. You only snapped out of your own world when a working man occupied his seat. You stared out of the window and wondered why he wasn't here ,but shortly after, you stopped wondering because the answer was in front of you. The bus that stopped beside yours had his face in one of the windows.

He looked Green and happy, sitting with his friends. You could tell his friends are talking about the lady that just got off. He met your eyes again. This time, you didn't feel any embarrassment when he caught you staring. You blatantly stopped looking and turned your gaze to the traffic lights that just turned green. He was puzzled that you didn't react the way he expected you to. You didn't blush and lowered your gaze. You didn't have that cute expression when he caught you the first time. You felt cold.