eight

During the date, Taehyung talked about starting as an intern at the same company where Jin works and how he was so excited. You could see he was. Truly. You assumed that Taehyung likes meeting people and being around them gives him energy. He has a lot of friends and, sometimes, it surprises you that some of the people you know are also connected to him at some point. The whole date was carefree and fun. You watched a movie and then went to eat somewhere new. It was the type of date you've always imagined and Taehyung made all the efforts to impress you. He complimented you from time to time but he was also conscious of not burdening you with praises.

"You seriously suck at this." Taehyung laughed, standing behind you. He casually places his hands on your waist before moving up on your arms to guide you into a shooting position and you're awfully aware of how his chest presses against your back.

"You don't really need to jump. You'll just tire yourself out." A low chuckle reverberated from his chest. "Okay so the trick here is keeping your elbows bent and using your wrist." He takes your hand and shows you how to shoot the ball into the basket but it still didn't go in. Taehyung chuckled, "Guess you still need a lot of practice."

"Says the expert on arcade basketball games." You playfully rolled your eyes at him and then laughed.

"I practically lived in the arcade when I was younger so I guess you can address me as an expert," He cockily answered before showing you a grin and latching his arm around your shoulder, "Come on, let's go eat. I'm starving."

Taehyung suggested that you go to a pub where his friend works at. You gave him a doubtful look as you've never been to a pub before. "I swear this pub has the chillest vibe in town. It's nothing like those ones where old guys drink beer."

I was somehow convinced by Taehyung even though I don't like drinking beer. The taste just doesn't get along with me. We sat side by side with his arm comfortably resting on the back of booth's sofa as he nestle a mug of beer in the other, "So tell me, who did you inherit your gorgeous looks from?"

You were about to drink the juice you ordered but had to stop midway to laugh, "Sorry. I just think it's funny and cheesy and very typical player lines."

"Point taken, but I'm serious. You are gorgeous." He stared at me then a smile stretched along his face. You must've looked so flustered. "I could tell that you're not used to receiving compliments."

"It's just awkward but thanks." You smiled at him.

Taehyung chuckled as he kept his eyes on you. He wet his lips and nibbled on his lower lip, something he does out of habit. "I really enjoyed today. I've never laughed this much when I went on a date before."

"Don't fall in love with me now." You jested with a big smile but the look on Taehyung's eyes scared you. Maybe he really is falling in love with you. That's not good.

"Fall in love?" Taehyung tilts his head back while laughing. He didn't find it funny at all, instead he thought you might be right. "I've never fallen in love, Y/N. Not on the second date, not on the third date and definitely not when I take them to bed."

"Wow, okay, Taehyung." You were flustered by what he said and the way he looked at you as if he wants to eat you up. "That was totally TMI."

" I was just saying. I've never experienced it." Taehyung lightens up and his smile returned. "And you? Have you ever fallen in love?"

"No."

"That was a quick answer." Taehyung chuckled and watched you drink.