8)Human

Now, this message is exclusively for the Wattpad user who trolled me. Harassing anyone in person or over a computer screen is called bullying.

Okay, so I hate to break it to you and anyone else who believes this, but Rick Riordan did *NOT* invent Greek Mythology. Anyone ever accusing someone of stealing Greek Mythology when "Riordan wrote it" really needs to take a moment to read actual mythology books.

It's exactly the same regarding JK Rowling not inventing witches and wizards and Stephanie Meyer not inventing vampires. Sorry, neither of them invented these things either.
But here's the thing...Did Riordan make a book regarding a human Apollo? Sure. But did he INVENT that idea? No. He plucked it from Greek Mythology. He did it when Zeus punished his son Apollo be taking away his immortal powers and sending him to be a servant to the king of Thessaly for nine years.

So did I take any idea from Riordan...? No. I took it from the myths. Just. Like. He. Did. So if anyone else feels they want to argue this with me, please read some actual Greek Mythology that isn't Percy Jackson and then get back to me.
Happy Reading!
***

He was mortal.

The previous almighty lord of all things light was now...human?

It was impossible. Unfathomable. Unthinkable! And yet, Apollo could feel it was the truth deep within his bones. He could feel his absence of power; the lack of ability to transport himself anywhere. He could no longer feel light as a feather. His body was solid; made only of skin, blood, and tissue. There were no more magical properties to him any longer. There was another odd revelation at hand; why was he in a field? It was a brilliantly sunny grassy plain. He had to adjust his mortal eyes to see clearly. The last Apollo had known, it was night. Now it seemed to be daytime...?

Apollo shakily pulled himself up, ignoring the oddness regarding what time of day it was. His problems were much larger than losing a few hours. For all he knew hours had passed for the time it took him to fall all the way down from Olympus. Even though the fall should have killed him, Zeus obvious did not have death in mind as punishment. Apollo slowly started to walk forward; his legs as shaky as a newborn lamb. Glancing down at his hands, the former god saw nothing extraordinary. No flames flew from his hands signaling his anger; no light glowed from him based upon will power.

Even though he knew it was useless, Apollo willed his powers to transform himself into a bird to take flight. But nothing happened. No power came to him. He was still remarkably and uselessly human. "You foul beast of a king," breathed Apollo, his eyes glaring at the sky. "YOU CANNOT DO THIS TO ME!" he bellowed into the daytime. "I WILL regain my immortality, this you already know, father! And when I do, you can believe my vengeance will be great!"

But nothing was said or done upon Apollo's snarling threat. Zeus did not reply, nor did he boom loud sounds of thunder in the distance. He ignored him entirely. That left Apollo feeling cold and alone; no one acknowledged him the longer he stood shouting at the sky. He already knew his father had a horrid temper on occasion, but never did Apollo believe he would transform him human. What was he supposed to do now with no powers and no magical instruments...? He could not be expected to live like this!

Apollo started vehemently cursing every foul word or enchantment he knew into the sky. He cursed so many profanities he was causing himself to become hoarse.

"Hey, MOTOR MOUTH!" An unfamiliar voice shouted nearby.

Apollo did not recognize the voice, but his head snapped up immediately at the hope his father had suddenly changed his mind. That was not the case; Zeus was not standing a few feet away; Apollo was naïve to assume such. Glancing backwards, Apollo found a man who hovered somewhere in his fifties was glaring at him. The man had a forest green Crestview Prep ball cap on. His jacket was a tacky varsity one that was two sizes too small. His black shorts and outdated sneakers were the only articles of clothing that seemed to fit the overweight man. A decent sized beer belly swelled from the man's torso.