HOME

HOME

The trip was quite a long one; 3 hours at that! The rain had finally stopped when they arrived at the Manor which was before the clock’s hand pointed at 7 in the evening. When Vanille looked at the three, he found them sleeping. Quietly, he crept out of the car and went to Calvin’s side of the car.

“Young master…” he said while gently shaking him awake, “Wake up.”

It took a few shakes before Calvin woke up. He blinked a few times and sat up straight.

“We’re here,” Vanille said.

Calvin looked outside a bit then rubbed his eyes. He turned to the sleeping Callum and nudged her.

“Callum, wake up,” he said.

Callum’s eyes blinked then slowly opened. She yawned and straightened up. Both of them got out of the car and stretched a bit.

“I feel bushed,” Callum said.

Vanille knelt down with his back facing Callum and said, “Hop on, young master.”

Callum was reluctant at first but decided to do it. She took Vanille’s hat and wore it before getting on. Vanille got up and balanced Callum.

“Oh! What about the boy?” he said.

They all looked back at the car.

“I’ll wake him up… Wait for me here,” Calvin said.

Calvin ran towards the car and went to Will’s side. Vanille and Callum heard a bit of bickering. Calvin walked back to them with Will dragging himself behind him. Will rubbed his eyes and blinked. His eyes grew bigger and bigger as they walked.

“It’s huge!” he exclaimed, “It’s huge!”

The Manor was right in front of them. It was beautiful, modern and elegant looking. The blooming garden full of cherry blossoms made it even more beautiful. Various flowers were making the place vibrant and welcoming. It was the place where Calvin and Callum grew up. They had a lot of memories here, and some of them were not pleasant ones.

“Welcome to the Walker Manor!” Vanille exclaimed.

As they entered, a whole audience of bodyguards and maids greeted them.

“Welcome home, young masters.” They all said together.

Vanille put Callum down and as he did, Callum returned his hat on his head.

“We’re home.” Callum and Calvin both said.

A young maid with tan skin stepped forward and bowed, she said, “Young masters, Mistress Ashley is waiting for your arrival at the garden. She said she wants to have dinner with you.”

Callum yawned and waved her away. The pretty young maid bowed her head and obediently stepped back.

“We’ll be right there,” Calvin said.

Vanille gestured towards the luggage and the maids swiftly carried the Walker twins’ luggage to their room.

“What about my bags?” Will asked.

Vanille signaled for him to follow him to the guest room. Shortly after they left, Callum and Calvin went upstairs.

They stood outside a frosted glass door. Their room was the only one with a different door. Every door in the house was wooden except theirs. This was because their parents worried for their safety. Taking a deep breath, they finally opened it. The walls were white and the wooden floor was polished, the furniture was all neat and fresh. Their little things were the ones bringing in the color and liveliness in the room. A portrait of the Big Ben with light shades of colors was painted beautifully on one side of their wall. In this room, there were two levels. The first level was where the soft white couch and a study table stayed. Just few steps down the short stairs was the second level, this was where their beds and dressers were. Books and wooden airplane models were on the shelves and in the middle was a small grandfather clock. This was the room of the twins.