Chapter 3

"I'm diagnosed with cancer"

I got some so many flashbacks as these words got out of his month.

When I was 11 my mom got diagnosed with cancer, I didn't get how much terrible the situation was until I grow up, not because I didn't care, but because I did. I had to take care of my mom, of my family, I had to do well in school, and help my little brother in his studies, I was too busy to realise how hurt and tired I was.

"Do you have any family sir?"

My response to what he said seems weird right? But I actually know how much a sick person needs someone by their side.

"I actually live alone since I graduated, both my parents died when I was young so I grew up on my one, but why are you asking that?"

"I would want to take care of you, if that wouldn't bother you of course, I don't know how to explain it, it's not like I feel bad for you or I pity, but I really want to help you, I mean..."

"I like how honest you are" he said while smiling, " well I wouldn't refuse an offer like this, especially coming from a sweet young lady like you, but first you have to promise me to keep this a secret"

"Sure but may I ask why?"

"I just don't want the boys to worry, I mean..."

"Boys? I thought you had no family?"

"Oh you're finally talking normally without honorifics hahaha, I work as a manager for a boy band and I really care about them and I would want them to purchase their dream without worrying about me, they're like my own childs "

"They're lucky to have a manager like you"

We kept talking for hours, I don't know how we got that friendly, but I remember that my mom always told me that I really get along with old people, maybe because I try to understand them, or maybe because they're the ones who understand me.

We talked about everything and nothing, he gave me his living address and we decided that I will visit him everyday to make him food and stuff like that, and I promised him to make time for all his appointments with the doctor, I didn't want him to be alone in these kind of situations.

Sunday has passed and I haven't seen Ester even though I had my shift at her mother's shop, I kept thinking all day about the man and what I might do to help him.

The next day was my first day of my "HAPPY" mission, I thought about it at night and decided to name it like that because I wanted to make him happy, and maybe why not, making other people happy.

After I finished at my university, I met Ester ( we weren't at the same department so I got to see her after class)

"What happened with the man? Sorry I didn't text you since Saturday I was busy"

"how can you do that to me?"

"Do what?"

"How can you not text you're friend who came from the other part of the world and leave her by herself with all these monsters?"

"You need to see a doctor I swear"

"I love you bestfriend, Saranghae" and I did the heart thing with my fingers, her reaction was so priceless and funny.

"Why are you being like this? What love? Stay away from please, I don't know who you are"

"Oh, so you don't want to hear what happened with man? Fine, I wanted to..."

"YOU BETTER TELL ME NOW"

"Calm down, your friend will be seeing the man everyday from now on"

"What?????? Explain this to me, and what's his name? I don't like saying man every time"

At that moment I realised how dumb I am, I didn't even ask the man for his name, but then again, he didn't ask me about mine neither.

"I don't know" I said

"I wonder why I'm meeting someone as stupid as you are right now, and you're saying you'll be seeing him everyday? So now you'll start dating old people? I told you, you need a doctor"

"IT'S NOT LIKE THAT"

"Okay okay, tell me about everything later, I have to meet my boyfriend now"

"You're leaving you're a friend for a guy? What kind of human are you?"

"I'm not a human dear"

We both left the cafeteria and I went to the man's house. I called him when I got near there because I was afraid of the dark, there was no lightning, and I am, a person, who fears everything.

We got to his house and I went to the kitchen first and made him the food I used to make to my mother when she was sick, and he really enjoyed it.

"Sir, can you tell me your name? I just realised today that I didn't ask you about your name"

"And will you drop the honorifics after I tell you?"
"Nooo"

"Then I won't tell you" he said while laughing

"I'm yang-won"

"WHAT? THE MANAGER YANG WON? LIKE THE REAL ONE? I MEAN BTS'S MANAGER"