chapter five

I stood in the middle of the huge empty field training was my favorite type of torture my Father put me through.

I fixed my hood and then took my stance waiting for him to show his newest rogue that volunteered to do this in exchange for their freedom should they survive.

They never survive.

I heard someone shift behind me, whether it was from wolf form or not I didn't know.

I heard the pack start to gather around, it was mostly teens who had nothing better to do. Most of the adults were still working around the time I had to do this.

I turned around to find a bony man with fury in his eyes. This will be a quick match, no doubt father has chosen another for me to kill.

I looked him straight in the eye, his fire faltered but never went out. I was waiting for him to chicken out but he never did. Instead he threw the first punch.

Needless to say, he didn't last long
______________________

"He won't try anything with people around, let alone your mate." I assured Jes as we walked back to the pack house.

"Yeah, but how do you know that? Its not like you've been in my situation." She said still unsure and scared. You have no idea how many times I've been in worse sweetheart.

"You can stay close to your mate." I told her finally. She thought about it for a while before nodding "OK"

I sighed in relief, finally! We had walked the entire way to the pack house and she just now decided on what she was going to do.

I held the door open for her glad that she finally settled on something.

The minute I stepped in I could smell his scent that brought horrible memories.