Chapter 62

Third Person's POV

Izumo and Kotetsu freeze, mid step, as a chair explodes through the door of the Hokage's office, before crashing into the wall and crumbling to the floor in hundreds of tiny pieces.

The two Chunin exchange a look, sweat dropping, as they hear a string of curses floating from the office.

"I'm not sure" Kotetsu begins, wincing at the Hokage's screaming. "But I think Lady Hokage's angry."

Izumo's shoulders droop, as he releases a sigh.

"I agree" he mumbles, running a hand down his face. "Maybe now's not a good time to talk to her."

Kotetsu's eyes suddenly light up.

"Hey" he starts, smacking a fist into his palm. "I have a brilliant idea!"

"What?" Izumo asks hesitantly.

Kotetsu often had what he thought where brilliant ideas, when, in reality, they were anything but...

"Let's leave" Kotetsu announces, looking both proud of himself and a bit smug.

Izumo slaps one hand to his face, shaking his head, whilst Kotetsu continues to grin at him. Both Chunin hurriedly whirl around however, striding back down the hallway, when they hear the Hokage slam her hands down on her desk.

They knew better than to get caught by Lady Tsunade's temper.

"So" Lady Tsunade hisses, her hands clenched into fists on top of her desk, multiple veins pulsing on her head, "You've all been gone for essentially one whole month, and now that you're back, you tell me that not only did you kill the client, but you also left Ashley behind?!"

Kurenai and Asuma look at each other nervously, while Kakashi, standing in front of the two, sweat drops at Tsunade's words.

He had somehow managed to avoid getting hit in the face with the chair that the Hokage had furiously lobbed at him just before, but he had a strong feeling that it wasn't going to be the last piece of furniture that he was going to have to evade today.

"That's the very short way of telling the story, yes" Kakashi agrees uncomfortably. "But Milady, if you'll just-"

"Shizune" Tsunade addresses through gritted teeth. "You might want to duck."

The young woman, standing next to Tsunade's desk, hugs Tonton closer to her chest, not totally understanding the warning being given to her.

"What do you-" Shizune's eyes widen, as Tsunade rises to her feet and spins around, one fist in the air.

Crouching down just in time, Shizune manages to avoid Tsunade's fist, as it slams into the wall. The wall immediately crumbles and collapses from the hit, leaving a huge, gaping hole in Tsunade's office.

"Lady Tsunade!" a distraught Shizune admonishes, leaping to her feet and inspecting the damage.

"At least you've got a good view of the Village now" Asuma can't help saying, to which Kurenai elbows him in the ribs. "Ow..."

"What was that?" Tsunade demands to know as she angrily dumps herself back into her seat, daring the man to repeat himself.

"Oh, uh....nothing" Asuma assures the woman, holding his hands up innocently.