CHAPTER FOUR

Isobel was really happy... well as happy as one can be in her state.  Agnes told her the dirty secrets that most of the ladies have and that makes her the most dangerous one of them all, although she decided to let sleeping dogs lie until when provoked.

         Reaching the hallway where lord Andrew was waiting for her in anger she  smiled as she saw him stare at her, unabashed then she blushed when he kept staring at her. ‘ is it  too much, is that why you are staring? ’ Isobel asked  anxiously.

     ‘ no am just wondering how many men would have seen under your clothes? Were you discrete about it? Is that why you chose to remain a spinster? ’ Andrew said strangely enjoying the discomfort on her face.

      ‘ you.. ’ started Isobel without able to find a perfect description for him.

       ‘ let's go, we are already fashionably late and I don't want to find out what's running through my fellow gentlemen heads as of the moment. ’  lord Andrew said as he left without offering his arm out to help her. 

            ***********

         ‘ is that her? ’ princess Whitney asked lady Brittany who followed her everywhere, hoping to catch her brother's eye, as if she will let her brother get married to this tramp who opens her legs for every and any noble man.

        ‘ yes, how on earth does pale pink fits her pale skin when it is not suppose to? ’ Brittany asked green with envy as  all the males heads turned towards Isobel's  way.

        ‘ emmm, she has that virtueless slave of mine. ’ princess  Whitney answered with her mind already on ways to  make Isobel life miserable.

       ‘ why did you let her go .’

    ‘ didn't I  say that she has no virtue .’ princess Whitney snapped at her, she would pull her hair out if one more person commented on what a great help Agnes was, she has yet to see some one with Agnes talent and now that criminal daughter is outshining her... well not for long because she plans on putting Isobel right next to her sire on the hanging gallows.

    • • • • • • • • • •

            ‘ lady Isobel ’ the king said in front of every body as a sign to show he welcomes her. ‘ in the next ball, allow me to be the first man who will dance with you .' And at the sharp glance that his best friend sent him corrected his statement. ‘ after your husband of course ’ then the gentlemen all congratulated the king on his quick thinking then before they could start filling her dancing card, she purred out sensually, ‘ for that you can fill all the free spaces in my dancing card at the next ball ’. 
      At that the whole room went quiet as the implication went into every body head until the king cleared his throat and the room went lively again.

          ‘ what was that wife. ? ’ Andrew gritted out mostly out of jealously than anger.

           ‘ what do you mean, my dear husband ’ lady Isobel answered in a sugary tone and an innocent look on her face.

         ‘ what are you trying to do ?’ Andrew asked angrily.

           ‘ trying to find a seat so that I can have tea, my throat is suddenly dry from that purring, oh and as for the purring, I was trying to be discrete, or would you have preferred if I told him to consummate my marriage for my husband just as he stood in your place for the ceremony. ’  Isobel said as she went on her tiptoes and placed a kiss on his jaw then left to sit down leaving him standing shocked and angry at the door way.