CHAPTER FIVE

‘ lady Isobel ’ Princess Whitney called from across the table where she was sitting down next to Andrew. Isobel raised her head and  smiled at the princess ready to start fencing with her.

         ‘ yes your Highness. ’

       ‘ will you come for your father hanging? ’ Whitney said with a naive tone, Isobel forced  a serene expression on her face as she fought for her composure, she sipped her tea, and by the time the tea cup was back on it saucer she had a tight control on her emotions.  Then with her half smile she answered the quiet room, ‘ of  course , me and my hand maid who is divine by the way, thanks your majesty , we made a bet how long he will last, she said a minute, I said 3-5 minutes , my father is a stubborn man, he is usually determined, just imagine what would have happen a day later your majesty. ’

        Every body stiffened except the king who laughed, ‘ I would still be alive, I had an inside informant. ’

         ‘ I know, I just wanted to see some people reaction. Now I have my answer. Anyway, princess Whitney will you like to join our bet? ’ 

            ‘ how can you talk about something that gruesome ?’ Brittany said when her lunch was not in danger if leaving her stomach although the rest women were still trying to keep their lunches down.

         ‘ I was trained with weapons instead of fans, I have watched countless number of deaths and am not some delicate flower. Besides my maid ordeal made those things seem pale in comparison ’

        ‘ weapons ? ’ king Anthony asked in surprise.

          ‘ what ordeals ?’ Brittany asked curiously.

         ‘ yes weapons, ’ she replied smiling at the look on the king face, ‘ and yes her mistress made some men to rape her while she begged for pardon and her mistress did it out of envy .’ she said as every one went silent, ‘ what? ,did I say something wrong, is her former mistress here? ’ lady Isobel asked in a naive tone while every body stared at princess Whitney.

              # # # # # # # #

         ‘what on earth is wrong with you ’ Andrew yelled at Isobel and Isobel fought her body reaction to finch at his tone, she was already guessing that his bite is worse than his  bark but less frequent and more hurtful, she just hope his patience level with her is still high because she cannot back down just yet.

            ‘ what do you mean ?’ she asked Andrew with an innocent tone.

         ‘ it doesn't work on me . ’ Andrew growled out his anger on her behavior to her face but she remained unfazed.

           ‘ well ’ lady Isobel began in an angry tone  ‘ my husband threw me out to the wolves and when they circled me, I lashed out but I didn't kill them, just wounded them a little bit, if you see my husband tell him that he should let the wolves know that if they circle me again, I will land a killing blow also tell him that I will be taking the adjoining room to his and he is not welcomed to my bed .’ And with that she left angrily making him to admire her courage. Princess Whitney legendary anger does not hold a candle to his wife own on a bad day. Shaking his head, he turned to leave, since when did he start to compare the two ladies.