Chapter 10

Chapter 10

I gulped as I turned to look at Emily. She was right. I couldn't.

She just stared back at me; almost looking sympathetic, like she realised I hadn't know. I hadn't known my feelings. I was confused. I still am. I couldn't like Luke. I shouldn't like Luke. However, I did. I knew I did.

"I didn't deny them," was all I managed to mutter.

"So you do have them?" Was Emily's response.

"Yes," I sighed, before explaining, "I only realised today."

"You know what you have to do then?" Emily said, smiling sadly.

"I'm not going to tell him," I stated. There was no way I was going to risk our friendship. I wouldn't risk everything for some little crush. I would get over it. I had to get over it. I couldn't tell Luke. I wouldn't tell Luke. His friendship meant too much to me. I meant everything to me. I needed him.

"You have to Sophie," Emily sighed.

"Why?" Was all I said in response. Why should I tell Luke something that could ruin everything? Why would I tell Luke that I had feelings for him? There was no good reason to tell him - apart from my happiness.

"Because I know deep down you want to. You want him to tell you how much he really likes you too. How much he has wanted to tell you about his feelings for you." Emily responded. Jeez someone was in a cheesy mood. I f Luke was here we probably would have made fun of her but I realised now wasn't the time.

"Except he wouldn't. He doesn't have feelings for me," I mumbled.

"Is there any way I can persuade you that he does?" She asked.

"No," I knew there wouldn't be. Even if Luke did have feelings for me - which he didn't - I would be too blind to see it. I was positive Luke didn't like me as anything more than friends.

"Okay then," she sighed in defeat, "let's get ready for breakfast."

I smiled weakly as I made my way to the bathroom.

Today was our last day in London so I was glad Luke and I were on speaking terms. We were going to the London Dungeons in the morning then were having lunch at the Hard Rock Café before finally be let loose shopping in the afternoon.

"I'll be right behind you if you get scared," Luke whispered in my ear while he pressed his chest into my back as we walked into the London Dungeons.

I smirked cockily as I replied, "I think I'll be fine, but if you need a shoulder to cry on I'm here for you."

"Very funny," Luke said flatly, "But seriously don't be scared to throw yourself at me and you can hold on as tight as you want," he chuckled as his arrogant smirk slipped onto his lips.

"As if," I said.

"Oh wait, but that's right you already have thrown yourself at me," Luke laughed as he walked off towards George but not before I managed to slap him on his shoulder.

As soon as we started walking through the Dungeons I began to regret teasing Luke. We hadn't even reached one of the main rooms yet and I was already scared. We were walking along a thin hallway, which was wooden floored and lined with empty cages. Every step I took a floorboard creaked. I wrapped my arms around myself. My eyes darted around, scanning the area for any threats. Jeez I sounded like I was in the army or something.