2. Gordon Harton

A tall, slender yet a manly person was Gordon Harton, with his deep blue piercing eyes and sun-kissed lush skin. Just like his wife, his age was not reflected in his appearance but his mannerism sure did tell me that this man isn't someone to joke around with. The aura around him was somehow indescribable. If I could picture it in my wildest imagination, he could be portrayed as a wildfire yet an attractive kind.

"Hello Mr Harton." Soon consciousnesses took over me as I greeted him. He respond with a brisk nod curtly.

For a good few seconds, an awkward tension weighed upon all of us, save Gordon Harton and his daughter, who I wasn't introduced to yet.

"And this is our sister, Jadey!" Richard interrupted the awkwardness as he introduced his sister playfully, stretching out the 'ey' sound as much as he could.

A smile broke on my face as I extended my greeting to Jade, I suppose, saying "Hey! I'm Vanessa."

The daughter proved to be very much father-like. She didn't have an enough excited response either. In fact, she didn't respond at all. "Ugh Richard. Don't call me that!" She said, scrunching her eyebrows.

I was thankful for Ellie to have soon come up with a distraction and we began to chat away something else as the father and daughter disappeared somewhere in the house. Even in their absence, their personalities lingered over me. I couldn't take the impression they had left on me off my head. Usually, someone would doubt themselves and think if they had said or done something wrong but I was different. I believed I hadn't offended them but I couldn't surely say if they didn't like my presence. I was mentally hoping the Harton brothers had notified the upset Harton residents about my coming. Soon I shrugged this mental struggle and pacified myself by thinking three against two isn't bad after all.

I should have known sooner that it was.