Baby Kelly's Arrival

Adalind's P.O.V.

Agony was soon swept away once the caesarean section was over and he was in my arms. If only Diana was here to meet her little brother. I already knew what to call him. Kelly. The woman who helped me and my daughter to safety and put aside what I did to her sister just to be there for us. Once I found out from Nick that she was dead, my heart ached in pain for him. I may not know the pain of the death of a parent (my mother not exactly the lovable type), but I know how it feels to lose someone you love.

As I rocked him in my arms protectively around the little life I held, Nick lightly stepped into the room, not wanting to disturb the moment, but as I laid my eyes on him, I glanced at his features on his face. Dark circles around his eyes, pale and his cheekbones thinner than they normally are. He must be exhausted. I can't even imagine what must be going through his mind right now. His ex-girlfriend who he was still in love with was murdered in front of him (even though she kind of deserved it), his only Grimm friend captured and missing. Not to mention the stress he must be having at work. I suddenly had the urge to wrap my arms around his neck and tell him everything will eventually be okay, but I know he's only here for his child.

"I wasn't sure you'd wanna be here," I said honestly to him as he walked around the bed, a hesitant look on his face.

I sighed softly and reassured him. "I don't know, but at least you're here now."

I noticed him glancing at his son for a brief moment before I could resist my big mouth and asked him, "You want to hold him? He won't break."

I thought he would quickly decline, being this situation is already awkward as it is, but he reached out his arms as he got closer. I got the message. I gently placed our son into his arms as Kelly began to fall asleep again. All of Nick's attention was onto his newborn son, and you could see the relief in his face as he examined our little boy.

"I thought of a name for him."

"Wait don't you think we should--"

"Kelly."

Nick's P.O.V.

"Kelly."

As soon as she said that oh-so familiar name, my eyes left my son and landed onto Adalind in shock. I only lost her two days ago, and hearing that name made my heart ache but feel warm at the same time. Kelly. My son, Kelly. I like the sound of that.

Out of everything that is happening in my life, the delivery of my child was the only good thing to come of this. Yeah, he might have been delivered by the woman who I was supposed to hate, but I just couldn't anymore. She was nothing compared to what Juliette did. Adalind didn't kill anyone for revenge or burn down my heritage and the only thing I had from my family. That is what really set me off. I keep thinking of my discovery of my mother's head that the sick bastards left me. My cries of pain flooding the house. No, I can't think about it right now. I have to keep a level head and be a good father.

The only response I could come up with was 'Okay.'

Adalind's P.O.V.

"Okay."

Thank God. I thought he would have gone on a rampage for mentioning his mother's name. The atmosphere in the room was a lot less awkward and more soothing than anything. With Nick cuddling our son and me watching with a big smile on my face and my heart melting at the sight, all that clouded our minds was how the hell we were gonna figure this out. But for now, everything that was going on just faded away and it was just us three in the hospital room, like a little family.

Our little family.

Yeah.

I like the sound of that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Heyy! This is my first one-shot from one of my favourite scenes in Grimm, so I hoped you all like it! Let me know if you want more.