Chapter 10

Grayson's POV:

"Are you okay bro?" Ethan ask me as I climb back into the passengers seat careful not to wake Aspen.

"Yeah." I say letting out a sigh as I plop down in the seat.

"Do you think she's okay?" Ethan ask glancing at me then back at the road.

"Yeah. I think she's just very shocked." I say glancing back at Aspen. She's sound asleep with her head resting against the window.

It's now 3 in the morning and I could tell Ethan was starting to get tired. "How far are we?" I ask Ethan.

"About 3 more hours." He says running his hands through his hair.

"I can drive the rest." I state.

"Are you sure bro? What about your shoulder?" He ask raising his eyebrow.

"It's fine." I mutter.

"Alright." Ethan says pulling into a gas station to switch me spots. He pulls next to a pump so we can get gas while we're here also. Ethan starts to pump the gas as I hop out of the car and slip my shirt back on careful not to hurt my shoulder.

Once he's done pumping the gas he walks around to the passenger side and gets in the back. Probably easier to sleep back there because there's more room.

I hop into the drivers seat with a sigh and start the car back up.

Ethan's POV:

I let out a sigh as Grayson makes his way back onto the empty highway since it's 3 in the morning.

I start to get comfortable in the backseat and then I see Aspen shift a little no longer comfortable in the position she was in.

I slowly snake my arm behind the small of her back and scoot her closer to me. She reluctantly rest her head on my shoulder causing a small smile to play on my lips. She looks so beautiful.

Soon enough the car is filled with her light snores once again and I lean my head back and fall asleep also.

——————————-

Aspen's POV:

I wake up with my head resting on someone's shoulder. I lift my head up to see Ethan sound asleep with small snores escaping from him. I smile a little and sit up to try and look at my surroundings.

My eyes widen at what I see. It's beautiful but it's also so far from home.

"You're awake." Grayson says with a big smile on his face as he looks at me through the mirror. I shoot him a small smile and rub the sleep from my eyes.

I look at the radio to see it's almost 7 in the morning. I have so many questions floating through m brain but I only bring myself to ask one. "Where are we?"

"We're close to mine and Ethan's cabin we go to to get away from the city." He says focusing back on the road.

I guess that explains all of the forest that surrounds the car and the mountains. We're truly out in middle of nowhere.

Ethan stirs a bit and rubs his eyes. "Good morning." I giggle a little as he sits up.

"Good morning." He says returning my giggle and running his hand through his messy hair.

The road gets bumpy and Ethan and I start to jostle around in the back seat. I look out the window to see we're driving up a gravel driveway. A long driveway surrounded by lots of trees.

Soon I see a fairly large cabin peak out amongst all the trees and I immediately knew that this was the cabin Grayson was talking about.

"We're here." Grayson says as he parks his car near the front of the cabin. Ethan jumps out and so does Grayson and they begin to grab our bags. I hop out of the car and follow them up the steps of the front porch.

Grayson sits the bags he was carrying down and unlocks the door. He swings the door open and the cabins beautiful. It definitely cost a lot of money.

"I'll show you to your room." Ethan says motioning for him to follow him. I follow behind him down a long hallway and he swings a door open to reveal a simple room with a dresser and a king sized bed.

He sits my bag on the bed and looks at me and smiles and I just look at him and around the room.

"What's wrong?" He ask looking around the room.

"What's wrong?! You guys drug me all the way out in middle of nowhere and just told me that you guys get your money from selling drugs and I'm scared." I speak quickly throwing my hands into the air.

"Why are you scared?" He ask moving closer to me and I back up.

"You guys aren't good people. It's dangerous for me to be here with you." I mutter quietly.

"That's where you're wrong princess." He says closing the space between us. "We're not bad people and being here with us is the safest place you can be right now." He says running the pad of his thumb across my cheek causing my breath to hitch. "I'm sorry you got drug into this but I promise nothing bad will happen to you." He says softly now only inches away from my face. I can feel his breath fanning against my face and it causing goosebumps to cover my arms.

"Bro. We need to go grocery shopping." Grayson says from the doorway startling both Ethan and I. Ethan steps away from me and clears his throat.

"Okay someone can go after we get situated." Ethan stammers and walks out of my room and passed Grayson. Grayson flashes me a soft smile and follows Ethan down the hall. I'm left in this foreign room with my heart racing from both fear and something I can't quite put my finger on. Arousal? Love?