Chapter 25

Grayson brought me to this nice restaurant that supposedly has great pancakes. We're sitting and waiting on our food as we make small talk.

"Are you sure it's ok for you to be out and about?" I question as I take my straw between my lips.

"Of course. I wouldn't bring you if it wasn't." He says with a grin. My cheeks heat up as I look down at my drink.

"So what all do you have planned?" I ask keeping the conversation going.

"That's for me to know and you to find out." He says with a smirk now taking a drink from his cup. I groan with frustration and he giggles.

Our food comes out and my mouth begins to water at the amazing stack of pancakes sitting in front of me. I pick up my fork and take a bite.

"Is it good?" Grayson ask looking at me as I chew up the bite I just took. I smile and nod as we both continue to eat.

"Pancakes are amazing." He mutters between bites and I nod in agreement with a slight chuckle.

As we finish eating Grayson pulls out his card and pays for the breakfast. As we walk out he grabs my hand and leads me to the car.

"Thanks for the breakfast Gray." I mutter kind of feeling bad that he always has to pay for me.

"That's just the start princess." He says and plants a gentle kiss on my forehead before we part our ways and get in on either side of the car.

Grayson begins to drive and yet again I have no clue where we're going. I look out the window and enjoy the beautiful scenery of Las Angeles California.

"You've never been here have you?" Grayson ask with amusement in his voice.

"No. I've never even seen a palm tree before." I chuckle.

"Where are you from?" Grayson ask glancing at me with furrowed eyebrows and then looking back at the road.

"Indiana." I mutter.

"Why'd you decide to go to school in New York? I mean it's so far away from home." He ask now curious.

"NYU is a good school and New York tends to be a good place for a writer." I shrug. "I'm guessing you're from here." I say acknowledging the fact that he seems to know where he's going.

"You'd be correct." He says with a big smile.

"Why were you in New York?" I ask now curious myself.

"Business is better there." He shrugs. I just nod. I'm still a little uncomfortable with the fact that his income comes from transporting and selling drugs.

"I know this is rather personal but have you ever thought of doing anything besides selling drugs?" I ask.

"It's fine princess. I brought you on this date so we could get to know each other but no. I never thought of anything else until I met you and I realized that if I didn't take the danger away from my life then I couldn't have you." He says glancing at me as I swallow a lump in my throat.

It goes silent as Grayson continues to drive and I look out my window.

"We're here." He says flatly as we pull into a mall parking lot.

"A mall?" I question with furrowed eyebrows.

"Yep." He says popping the "p".

I follow him out of the car and into the mall. "Why are we here exactly?" I finally manage to ask.

"Well I figured you and I could both use some new clothes." He said talking with his hands a little.

"Grayson I don't have any money." I say chuckling. Ever since I left New York I haven't had my steady income.

"But I have all the money you'd ever need sweetheart." He says with a smirk. He's probably right. Him and Ethan both seem to be beyond rich. They seemed to be wealthy because of what they do.

"Grayson I-"

"Come on." He says grabbing my wrist and cutting me off.

He leads me in and out of several stores and helps me pick out my clothes and I help him pick out his. Of course he carries all the bags because he won't let me carry any.

"How about some ice cream before we go?" Grayson says as we pass the food court.

"I love ice cream." I say with a smile like a 4 year old. He chuckles at me and grabs my hand with his hand that's not loaded with bags.

We order our ice cream and begin to eat it as we make our way out of the large mall and to our car.

**************

Grayson unlocks the door to the condo and he swings the door open as we both walk in with bags.

"Where have you been?" Ethan ask from the kitchen.

"We just went to go get some new clothes." Grayson says hold up a couple of the bags.

"You left me here without a car and you didn't even tell me where you were going." Ethan says showing his anger.

"Bro chill. We were only gone for a few hours." Grayson says trying to calm Ethan down. Grayson steps in front of me and I peak over his shoulder at Ethan.

"Something bad could've fucking happened!" Ethan yells causing me to jump a little. I've never seen Ethan like this.

"You And I both know we're safe here in California. You're just angry because I was out with Aspen!" Grayson says now raising his voice.

"I don't give a fuck about her!" Ethan yells even louder causing my eyes to go wide and I become stiff.

Ethan softens as he watches Grayson plant his hand at the small of my back. Ethan instantly regrets what he said. "Aspen I didn't-"

"Aspen go out your new clothes away. Ok be there in a few okay." Grayson says softly and I nod still speechless.

"Aspen really just let me explain. I'm sorry. I didn't mean it." Ethan pleads as he grabs my wrist.

"Don't fucking touch her." Grayson says closing in on Ethan. I pull my wrist away and hold back my tears. What he said hurt. He slept with me and now he's telling me he doesn't care about me. Surely he knows by now that I have some feelings for him as well as Grayson.

Grayson glances at me as if to tell me to go and I turn and I make my way to my room.

As I enter my room and close the door I can still hear them talking.

This is so strange. I've never ever seen Ethan like that and I hate it. I liked the old Ethan.

———————
AN:
And I finally hit you with some conflict lol