Chapter 2

The food here is delicious.
I indulge in roast beef and scones, making a mess of myself in the dining hall.
I sit alone, but I bet I could find someone to sit with if I tried, everyone is staring at me. But this just seems better for right now.
I look across the room and see Baz, a few tables down, with two other blokes, one of them I heard is a cousin, the other I assume is a friend.
"Hello," says a girl with bright red pig-tails.
"Hello?" I say more like a question than a greeting.
"You tied your tie wrong."she says bluntly
"Oh," I try and fix it but I end up making a bigger knot.
"As you were,"she cast
The knot undoes itself and goes into a proper tie.
"I am Penelope Bunce." She says sticking out her hand.
I take it and smile wide.
"I am Simon Snow,"
"I know," she says
" You know?" I ask her, raising an eyebrow.
She nods quick "Yeah, my mum said to stay away from you, and that you could be dangerous."
"And why didn't you listen to her?" I ask her.
"Because you could be dangerous!" She yells laughing.
I am laughing too now. She sits down across from me and I start to stuff my face again.
"Slow down, Simon. Your going to choke yourself." Penny tells me.
"At least I'll die doing what I love." I tell her " Eating I mean, not choking."
She giggles "I got that."
I bounce my ball on the table.
"So why's your hair red?" I ask her.
"Excuse me?"
"Your hair, why is it red?" I ask, my head tilted.
"Maybe I like it like this..."
"Oh, sor-" I start to say but she interrupts me.
"Or maybe it was a messed up spell."
I am about to reply but I miss my ball and it bounces down the floor landing under a table. I look and see it's the same table Baz sits at, in fact it's right by his foot.
Of course I think
I would use a spell but I have hardly been here a week and I can't even get my hat to stay on.
I sigh and walk over.
"Hey, I need my ball back." I tell Baz, interrupting whatever he was saying.
"Excuse me, Snow?" He says sneering.
"I-I said I need my ball back and it's by your feet."
"Well get it then." He says with mockery on his face.
I lean down and go to reach for the ball, dogging some legs. When I go to get back up, though I feel a foot push me and I fall into a girl and her tray of food spills on the floor.
"Hey watch it!" She yells
"S-sorry" I tell her, crawling to my feet.
She stomps away muttering something under her breath.
I turn and scowl at Baz, he's snicking.
"W-why the bloody hell, did you do that?" I ask him and I feel heat rushing into my face. I try to calm done but that just makes it worse.
"Carful Snow, if you get any redder I think you might explode." He cackles.
"Isn't that what you do, right? Explode?" He ask with mock confusion.
"I-I- shut up!" I yell, and for a moment I think I see smoke.
"Oh real clever, Snow. We are all proud of you." He gives a wicked grin and turns away, but I am not letting him get off that easily.
I pull back my fist but before I can punch him, I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn around to see who it is.
It's Penny.
"Stop, Simon." She tells me giving me a stern look.
"That's right Bunce, save your boyfriend before he does something he will really regret." He's not smiling anymore, in fact he just looks tired.
In all that was going on, I hadn't realized the thick, red smoke clouding around us.
Penny looks worried when I look at her and before I know it, I black out.
_______
I wake up in the nursery with a pounding headache. I ask the nurse what happened and all she tells me is I went off.
What does that mean? I think
She tells me to head back to my room, and before I can ask any questions she is already out.
When I look out the window it's dark out and the clock reads 10:00pm.
How long was I out for?
I will have to ask Penny what happened tomorrow. If she still even wants to be friends after what happened.
______
I can't sleep.
I end up staring at Baz the whole night.
How can someone be that rude for no reason?
I stare until I can't bare the thought of him any longer and I have to turn around in my bed. But even then I can't get him out of my head.
What does he want from me? Does he expect me to be perfect, like him?
I feel like if I stay in bed any longer I will explode again, so I stand up and head to the bathroom.
Luckily Baz and I were given the better room, it has a bathroom in it.
I turn on the faucet and rinse my face off. I consider walking around the halls but decide against it.
Before I crawl back in bed I open the window and this time sleep comes easily.
________
A/N
Hey guys! I tried to make this chapter longer and interesting, but kind of failed on both😂 but Penny's here and Baz is sassy so that makes up for it right? Anyways, I want to thank a friend for helping me when I got stuck, always good to have some helping hands👍