numb

Kailyn

   We climbed up the wall into the vents. Daniel lead the way. "Are you sure this is the right way?" Jonah asks furrowing his eyebrows. "I found it!!" Daniel then screams. He then lifts up a metal cover and reveals a dark, moldy room down below. "Let me see" I say pushing my way towards the vent. My knee then scraped the edge as I tumbled out. Falling towards the ground. "Kailyn!!" Jack yelps. His voice cracking. Practically leaping towards the opening. I grab the air. Frantically kicking and waving my arms. My back then makes impact. I hear the sound of wood splitting and cracking. I scream and moan as I start to lose consciousness.

                                 Lauren

   I watch from above as Kailyn makes impact on the wooden table below. Her screams echo throughout the cold musty room. My body freezes in time. Jack was pushing me away to try and get to her. "Stop jack!!" Jonah whined as Jack put his feet through the opening. He then jumps into the opening, hanging from the ledge. Shutting his eyes as his fingers slipped. Slowly making impact a few seconds later. Thankfully landing on his feet. He screamed as his ankles took all of his weight at once. I then take a deep breath and do the same. Screaming as my ankles sting and crack. I hear 2 other thumps follow. Followed by 2 more screams. I turn to see Daniel. Laying on the floor, Holding his ankle. Jonah limping on one foot as he tried to get up. Daniel!!" I yelp and run to him. "Lauren?" He cried out and tries to sit up when he sees me but his body gives out. His eyes then trail behind me. I look back to see Kailyn. Blood on her lips. "She's coughing up blood Lauren!!" Jack says crying. Putting his hand on her face, kissing her forehead. She lifted up her shaky hand and held his hand. She coughed and more blood came out. "I'll be ok baby" she said looking at Jack.

Kailyn

I gagged as the blood started to choke me. My whole body was numb. You'll be ok Kailyn. My eyes wandered around the room. A single chandler hung from the ceiling. It was dark and moldy. Mannequins and splintered wood lay scattered across the room. I swallowed the blood sitting in my throat and almost threw up. "Jack?" I reached out and hugged him. He was shaking. Tears running down his face. My eyes then trail to Lauren. Who was looking at me. Tears in her eyes. My arms move to the floor as I try to push myself up. The pain was unbearable. Jack had his hands out and helped me to my feet. Jonah was shaking his head crying. All of the sudden, a creak in the wooden floor made us all jump to our feet.