Chapter Three: Pizza and Tea

"That's a rap! Go home and I'll see you all in five hours."

I practically fall over in relief. We had spent 12 hours on this scene. Hair and makeup swoop in and start taking everything off my face expertly. Telling me to use the special face cleaner the got for me and telling me to remember to sleep as much as possible.

Kelly approaches out of nowhere. Talking my ear off and ordering everyone around as she gets me to my dressing room. Having me change into a clean pair of sweats and a tank top my stylist picked out. She has me pull my hair into a bun and orders me to my trailer.

I go willingly. Wanting nothing more than my bed. We'd been at it a month and I was already tired of it all. My headaches a constant throb.

"Jasmine!" I hear. I finish taking off my shoes and open my trailer door.

"Cody, hi." I say it slowly. Seeing the pizza box in his hands I let him in. Closing the door after him and getting two mugs from the cupboard. Pouring hot water into both from my water filter.

"He was really tough." I say. Referring to the director. I open up two teabags. Cody gives a little laugh as he finds paper plates.

"I thought you might skip out on me because we had such a long day." I told him. He takes his mug of tea from me. Spooning in sugar, I follow suit. Two spoons.

"That was crazy." He starts laughing. "You remember when that vein in his forehead was throbbing and he was screaming at that poor guy about the roses not being red enough for the shot?"

I laughed too. But tried not to. "It was so horrible! He wouldn't dream of yelling at either of us that way. He was just being a dick."

"He hasn't yelled at us because we're doing excellent jobs. I think he actually likes me." He says confidently. I grab a slice of pizza and pull my legs to my chest, resting my head on them.

"It was supposed to be a three-hour shoot." I whine softly. Eating the pizza. "My trainer hates you."

"Hey, pizza is good for you. There's meat on it. And pineapples." He points out with his mouthful. I laugh.

"Uhuh. Sure." But my voice is sleepy. I close my eyes and continue eating with them closed.

He talks about practicing our lines and I finish off my pizza, my eyes still closed. I lean back into my couch cushions. Groping around the floor beside the couch. I half-open my eyes and find the fuzzy black blanket that is usually on this couch.

"Cold?" I ask Cody. Noticing his closed eyes. He nods and grunts in the affirmative. I laugh and spread it over him and me. Grabbing another slice. "Let's practice."

~~~

My alarm blares and I open my eyes and use my hands to search the floor beside me.

"Shut that off will you?" A muffled voice says. Something stirs in the back of my mind. Chocolate brown eyes that change into purple and-

"Jasmine! Please shut it off." I recognize Cody's voice. Finding him on the floor a few feet away. I find my phone and turn off the alarm.

"We have to go to set. Building 3." I tell Cody. I stand and stretch. I walk over to the coffee pot pleased to find it already made.

"Oh no." My eyes widen. I look down at the coffee. Coffee already made is a trademark of-

"Well don't you look terrible." Kelly says. Upon seeing her I relax. Thank god. "Your mother tried to see you a half hour ago. You seemed to be asleep."