Chapter Six: Gabriel

Gabriel

"I'm not coming home to help you find your barbie, Sasha. You're six years old and you can find it yourself." I adjust the phone against my ear with my left hand, while holding up the index finger of my right hand, to withhold the man in front of me from speaking too soon.

"But-but Gabe babe I can't find Jasmine anywhere and-"

"I told you to stop calling your barbie that." I tell her sternly. She'd named the barbie Jasmine shortly after meeting the girl herself. The woman. Not that she seems at all like herself these days. My face tightens at the memory of her eyes rolling back and her tiny body crumbling. She had felt so right against my body.

"It's her name! I can't just change her name, Gabe." Sasha, my dear little sister, is fuming. It seems like it might go on into a long argument, I definitely do not need to keep the man sitting across from me waiting much longer. Sasha could go on for hours, her Alpha blood kept her resolve strong and her stubbornness even stronger.

"I'll be home tomorrow, okay. I have a very important meeting to get to. Tell Sandra to help you look." Sandra is the packs nanny. A very formidable woman with an iron grip. Trustworthy and honest even with her heavy rules.

"She hates me. She'll never help me." Sasha's voice cracks as she sobs the words out. I feel a heavy amount of affection and love burst through my body and I hum a tune into the phone.

"Isn't she lovely... Isn't she wonderful... Sasha the princess... Sasha the wonderful..." I sing the lyrics softly until she stops all the while the man across from me pretends to study his phone.

"You'll- You'll be home tomorrow? You promise?"

"Yes. I promise."

"You pinky promise?"

"I pinky promise." I grumble. She lets out a satisfied little sigh and I can't help the small smile that comes to my face. She is the most important thing to me and her being happy isn't a bad thing.

"I love you Gabe babe!!" Sasha's voice is a bit too high pitched as she says this.

"I love you too, Sasha. Go get Sandra to help you now." I hang up before I can hear her protests. I turn to the man whose attention is still fixed on his phone.

"Now, what do you want? Why did you come storming in here in the middle of the night?" My voice is direct and my eyes stay on his blue ones.

"You wanted to know if you could help us. There's a way that you can." His voice is softer than his brothers. Maybe because he doesn't yell everything as his brothers tend to.

"How's that, Keith?" I ask darkly. I don't like being asked for help, even though in this case I offered it.

"We need a pure werewolf."

"...Oh." My eyebrows scrunch together and I stare at him in undisguised curiosity.

"You are a pure werewolf."

"Yes," I agree. I glance around my makeshift office. I'd rented this office for the time being. Now, I try to spot an exit.

"We want to turn Jasmine into a werewolf."

Jasmine

I hip bump Kol to the side as I reach for the butter on the counter. Kol looks down at me and narrows his eyes a little.

"You are very abusive." He sniffs. I grab the tub of butter and walk over to the hot pan.

"You were in my way." I use my spatula to get a good amount of butter onto the pan. Kol's hands find my hips and I glance over my shoulder at him. "I'm cooking."

"Yes, yes, I know." He places a kiss on the crown of my head and walks off to the living room.

"Babydoll!" Killian shouts from the other side of the apartment. I roll my eyes and speak in a normal tone of voice. He knows I have advanced hearing because I'm an Alpha right?

"Yes, Killian."

"When's the pancakes going to be done?" He asks it innocently enough.

"You could always come help me cook and they'll be done faster." I pour batter onto the pan and wait for his response.

"Okay I'll help," He speaks the words in my ear. I jump. I didn't hear him coming. I whirl on him.

"You scared me!" I shout. I slap his arm. "Jerk."

"You didn't hear me coming?" He grins. "Babe she hasnt even finished the first one. Come cook."

"Killi-ANNN!" He lifts me up as I'm saying his name and I end up squeeling.

"Let's go get some rest, babydoll."

"I'm not tired. Put me down!" I laugh.

"I'm not tired either. I know a way the two of us can get tired-"

"Shut up, stud muffin. Lover girl, come sit with me and help Christian and I look through this stuff." I look expectantly at Killian. His icy eyes meet mine and he smiles wolfishly.

"Wouldn't you rather come 'rest' with me?" I roll my eyes.

"I want to help make it so I don't pass out everytime I think too hard." I tell him softly.

"Yes alright, I guess that's kind of important."

"A bit, yeah." We laugh for a moment while still locking eyes and I notice his sparkle a bit. Only when he laughs. My heart lurches to my feet as I think about whether I'll remember all of this by tomorrow.

"Lover girl, you know some Italian, sì?"

"Yes I do. Why don't you go help Kol with breakfast?" I ask Killian in my nicest voice while he gently sets me back on my feet. He nods resolutely and walks over to the kitchen. I watch him walk away for a moment. My stomach not losing that swishing feeling. I turn around and meet Sebastian's eyes. "I'm just gonna go to that bathroom and I'll be right back."

"Hurry," He says. I nod and stop myself from running purely by my will. Once I've closed the door, I proceed to puke my guts up in the bathroom.