Prologue

Prologue

No use crying, I wipe the tears rapidly from my eyes. This wasn't how my story should end, not like this. It had to be a big glamourous fairytale ending for me, not me crying my eyes out. How could life be so cruel? Taking Chase away from me, just like that. I couldn't even say goodbye. Although it had been two months ago, I still remembered the accident like it was yesterday.

*Flashback*.

" Why is everything tipsy? Oh, my Chase. Am I falling? I don't want to fall, catch me Chase, catch me! " I slurred, the drinks I had at the party left me totally wasted. I had this tendency to drink my problems away. He chuckled at me and tried to carry me away from the party. " Oh Marnie, you're really funny when your drunk", Chase laughed. I stormed off in a huff, not wanting to get teased anymore. Unfortunately, running while being drunk isn't such a good idea. After three seconds, I fell onto the road, laughing like a madman at the colors that were swirling around in the sky. I turned around and my eyes bore into his, he ran to push me out of the way, screaming my name. I got up just in time to see him get hit by a car, the impact causing him to fly. I screamed then fainted on the spot.

*End of Flashback*

I took a huge shot of whiskey, letting the liquid burn my throat, until I got the light headed feeling that just made all the pain disappear. No one knew about this though, wouldn't they just freak out if they found out that the golden girl of the school was an alcoholic? I slumped down my beanbag chair, hoping, just hoping that I could have the chance to fall in love with someone like Chase all over again. Little did I know there was going to a surprise in store for me tomorrow, courtesy of Jacey Evans. I closed my eyes and wished for love, change and hope, but be careful of what you wish for, especially if you wish on a shooting star.