chapter 2

"Hi baby , how was school?" Mom said while holding a plate of cupcakes in her hands.
"Erm, fine I guess? It's just like every other day." I faked a smile and put my bagpack down, hoping mom doesn't notice my lie.
"By the way, I opened a letter of yours that came just now." I stood rooted to the ground upon hearing the word 'letter' and immediately went to read it for myself.

"Welcome Back To Delphinium High ! Hope you like the gift -Doe" the letter read.

"So, who's doe?It was thoughtful of him to get you a welcome gift ?"
"I have no idea mom,probably a fan."
"What did he got you?"
"J..just some notes that I missed from the previous lessons.."

I walk up to my room with quick steps and immediately head for the paper shredder , shredding all the pictures and letter. I sat down by the corner of my room and curled myself up into a fetus shape, thinking about what might just happen next.

'Ding' the notification sound came on, I was scared shitless by that sound and shivered for a minute straight before picking up the phone with my trembling hands.

Adriel : Hey, how are you coping so far?

It's Adriel, I was pretty shocked that he actually texted me first.

Me : A girl suffering from anxiety and depression in a catastrophic situation. Totally cool. 🙃

Adriel : Because I'm fucking confused right now. I entered my computer and my wallpaper is now one of the phrase i sent you before. I'm starting to think this person or these people are hackers.

Me : Hold on, I'll check mine.

I turn on my macbook pro and waited anxiously for it to load, "please..." I prayed.
'M-O-N-T-G-O-M-E-R-Y-P-I-Z-Z-A' I typed in my password. I heaved a sigh of relief when I saw Anna and Maddie's faces on the wallpaper.

Adriel : Soo??

Me : Nothing has changed.

Me : OH YEA, a letter was sent to my address and guess what?It's the same person who placed those pictures in between my bio notes.I'm really freaking out right now.

Adriel : That stalker is really giving me the chills 😒

Adriel : I was thinking of...

Me : What?

Adriel : What if we work together to find out who's doing these to us?

Me : Thank God that I don't have to go through all these alone.. Of course I want to work together!

Adriel : Alright it's a deal then and I'll text you later, got to go.

Me : 👋 Bye

I crawl over to my bed and just stared at the ceiling , feeling blessed like a 7 year old child getting his iPhone x over the fact that things between me and Adriel was no awkward.

"Xandrialle ,Xan!" I hear a strong faint voice calling out my name , I opened my eyes like the blinds and tilt my head to the door's direction. Its Madison.

"Did that fall made you lose your hearing or what?" She rolls her eyes and sat at the foot of my bed. I sat up just looking at her with a stone-like face, she judges me silently before saying "Okay you know what? You really need a serious therapy, " Maddie sighed
"SHOPPING!" We both clicked eyes and shouted out.

"What's the commotion all about kids?" Mom peer her head by the door and asks.
"We're going shopping." I smile and clapped my hands together once.

Mom handed me her credit card without saying a word and nods , indicating 'you know you're only allowed $200 , a cent over that amount and you're grounded for a week.' I know. I'm that spoiled ass brat who gets $50 per day as allowance and owns a few Gucci & Prada bags and shoes , probably one of the many reasons why people hate me.