six

"i wont sell myself out, won't let you down, just promise that you won't forget about me..." geoff sang under his breath as he toyed with his guitar. he was in the rehab section of the hospital. otto had brought him his guitar so he didn't feel so lonely and bored. otto stopped in quite a bit. geoff was happy about that.

awsten never stopped in. he was okay with that.

"hey, man! how're you doing?" otto said, obviously forcing himself to make his voice cheery.

"i'm...fine. better than i was." geoff looked over otto with a scrutinizing stare.

geoff knew otto wanted to ask him why he did it, why he would do it, how he could do it. but he knew that otto wouldn't do that.

"i--uh, i brought a surprise?" otto said, toying with his shirt.

"oh. well, show it to me," he smiled.

awsten stepped inside.

💊 💊 💊

"geoff, can i ask you something?" awsten said, voice shaking.

"i mean, you just did, but like, sure."

awsten smiled lightly before taking a deep breath.

"why did you do it?"

"well, i--um, i--"

"jesus christ, awsten, what the fuck? you can't just ask that!" otto said, trying to help geoff from having to answer.

"i-i'm sorry!" awsten defended.

geoff just sighed. "don't really want to tell you."

"why not?" awsten said.

"well, for one, you fucking hate me, so like. yeah."

"geoff, just tell me, ple--"

otto snapped.

"awsten, stop trying to fucking force him to tell you! the reason he doesn't want to tell you is because you did this! you treat him like shit, you avoid him, all sorts of things! you really think that all of the things you pull wouldn't hurt geoff? geoff, the boy who has been your friend since college? the one who took a beating for your stupid ass decisions? you're fucking blind!"

otto had stood up at some point during his rant. he quickly sat down and got back on his phone.

just like nothing ever happened.