xxiv. real life.

" - where are my keys?!" Esmeralda yelled, Carly leaning against her kitchen counter as she shrugged

" - where are my keys?!" Esmeralda yelled, Carly leaning against her kitchen counter as she shrugged. Gwendolyn looked up from her nails and sighed.

"They're not under the couch?" Gwen asked.

"I checked," she sighed, rubbing the bridge of her nose. "I am going to have to pay for them when I turn my lease over."

"Check your car again, babe." Caroline suggests.

Esmeralda sighed and nodded, and grabbed her car keys, walking out her apartment door to her car.

Once she left, Carly pulled her phone out of the counter and spoke into it, pulling Esmeralda's keys out of her pocket. "Okay, Bill. Hurry!"

Bill came inside the apartment, bags in his arms, as Gwen pulled open the door, Carly yelling advice at him. "- Be careful! Don't stress! Eat her right!"

Gwen kicked Caroline at that, red on her cheeks.

Bill peeked his head from the doorway of Esmeralda's room. "Eat her right all night," he grinned a little, and they could tell why Essie liked him so much.

Caroline held two thumbs up. "Good luck. We're off!"

"Thanks," Bill said, before he went back to setting candles around the house, shutting the curtains as darkness filled the apartment. He stumbled over a barstool, swearing under his breath. "Shit!"

He regained his footing, taking a deep breath. He liked Esmeralda. And she liked him... so why was he nervous?

He stuck a match and quickly lit the assorted and scattered candles, blowing the match out as he ran to Essie's bedroom when he heard the doorknob jiggle before opening.

"Carly?" She called. "Gwen?"

She sighed, before looking at the lit candles and rolling her eyes.

"Guys," she started. "This isn't funny!"

Her fingers touched the flowers on her counter, before she rubbed her temple. "Guys! Stop playing!"

Bill cleared his throat but never came out of the room. "Mera?" He called.

"Bill?" She called in return, walking towards his voice as she slowly approached him.

She took a shuddered breath as she looked at the way his buttoned shirt that was loose and showed the v of his hips, her lips pressed together as she pushed her curls back. He sat up and looked at her, a smile on his face. "Hi."

"Hey." She said softly.

"Come here," he said, beckoning her closer. As she did, he placed his hands on her hips.

"What are you doing?" She murmured.

"Trying to seduce you but I don't think it's working," Bill chuckled a little.

"You're definitely distracting me," she murmured.

"Now you know how I feel around you." He whispered softly, letting his lips brush her collarbone, her eyes falling shut at the sensation. He pulled her into his lap, before her hands wrapped around his neck and she sighed, before he leaned back, causing her to break into giggles.

"You didn't have to do this." She told him as she stole a kiss.

"I wanted to. Let me show you how much I want to." He told her, looking her in the eyes as he rolled over, his hands on her hips.

"Okay," she smiled nervously. "Show me."

[ to be continued. ]