3 (Ding Dong)

Heyyy I tried to keep the reader gender-neutral! I've never written anything gender-neutral before, so please go easy on me lmao

"Okay but what if Homer Simpson died and came back as Notch?" I hear DD's voice coming from our living room, followed by Chris's contagious laughter. I enter the apartment and try as hard as I can not to disturb them as they record from our couch. He turns around when I close the door behind me. "Oh, hey, babe," he says. 

"Hello," I say quiety, waving at him. 

"Heyyyy, y/n," Julian says. He's holding a controller and playing Pikmin while the other two make dumb commentary.

"Hiiii everyone," I say, moving closer to the couch. 

"Wanna join the video?" DD asks. I shake my head.

"Nah, that's okay. I gotta go change." I kiss him on the cheek before walking into the bedroom. I change into my comfiest pajamas and lay on our bed. I want to fall asleep, but I won't be able to without him. I get up and walk into the living room to find them still recording.

"Oh, y/n, I thought you went to sleep," he says, gesturing for me to sit next to him. I curl up under his extended arm and nestle into his side. He maneuvers us so I'm in his lap, leaning my side against his chest. While they record and make stupid commentary, his fingers trail up and down my arm. Eventually they make their way up to my hair, stroking it softly. 

"Sorry if I interrupted," I whisper in his ear. 

"You didn't, I promise," he replies. He kisses my forehead and guides my head back down onto his shoulder. He rubs my back, and I can hear his heartbeat. Every time he talks or laughs, I feel the vibrations on the side of my head, and it makes my eyelids heavy. 

What feels to me like a few minutes later, I'm being scooped up from the couch. 

"What's going on?" I ask groggily. 

"You fell asleep, babe," DD says. 

"Did I bother you guys?" I ask. 

"Not at all," he replies. "In fact, you looked so peaceful that after we were done recording and the boys left, I just sat on the couch and watched TV. I didn't want to wake you up."

"Oh," I giggle.

"Then my legs fell asleep so I decided we should probably go to bed." He lays me down on my side of our bed, then crawls in on his side.

"I love you," I say, rolling over to put my head on his chest. He wraps an arm around me and pulls me close. He rubs my back again.

"I love you too," he replies. He kisses me softly, using his finger to tilt my face up to meet his. He rubs my back softly, squeezing me gently every now and then. I fall asleep to the sound of his heart and the feeling of his hand on my back.

holy fuck this gave me feelings again

i'm single af