I Love You

"Kaito, do you ever feel like you don't try hard enough?" Shuichi asked, poking his straw in his milkshake.

His best friend looked at him, "What do you mean, Shuichi?"

"I don't know... I want to tell her how I feel but I don't know if I can... I'm scared Kaito..." He sighed.

"Oh come on, it's not that hard!" The astronaut said, smacking his hand on the table, causing it to shake.

"Easy for you to say, you knew Maki liked you back, I don't know if Kaede likes me like I like her," The detective took a sip of his milkshake.

The astronaut sighed, "Just ask her"

The dark haired haired boy, "It's hard to do it"

Miu and Maki came in, running around.

"Woah, running around frantically is quite out of character for you two," Shuichi laughed.

They turned around, Maki looked terrified while Miu looked like she was going to cry.

"G-guys, what's wrong?" Shuichi asked.

Kaito ran to Maki and hugged her. Shuichi stood up, walking to Miu.

Miu looked up at him, "Hurry!"

"Why? What's going on?" He gasped.

Miu's tears fell, "She's an idiot..."

"Who?"

"Kaede," Miu replied.

"W-wait, what did she do?!" Shuichi yelled, worried.

"Got into a fight," Miu explained, the tears multiplying.

Shuichi ran outside, followed by Kaito and Maki, who was still clinging to him and finally Miu.

They ran to a group of people surrounding a body which Shuichi immediately recognised, "Kaede..."

Kaito covered his mouth while Maki curled up into his coat and cried.

Miu fell to the ground in tears as Shuichi pushed through a few people, Kaede didn't look good, covered in blood and bruises with a few cuts.

He knelt next to her almost lifeless body.

"Kaede... You idiot..." He sighed.

The girl was in too much pain to talk but Shuichi wouldn't want her too anyway, he didn't want to hear her pain. So instead he leaned closer in and kissed her, "I love you"

The last words he heard from Kaede were, "I... Love you too"