SEVEN.

SEVEN

3 weeks later

3 weeks later

"I hope you've packed enough clothes to last ya', especially jeans, mine'll be too long for you," Connor says, smirking as he leans against the car he'd driven to airport.

"Certainly packed enough, well, my mum did," Simon says, watching as Connor opens the boot of the car. Connor puts Simon's suitcase into the car and then closes the boot again.

"Did you like your present, by the way?" Simon asks, climbing into the car as Connor does.

"I did, thank you," Connor says, he didn't want to seem overly grateful about it, he didn't know why he didn't, but he didn't. In truth, he had loved the gift Simon had gotten him, a silver chain with a cross hanging from it, it was simple, but sweet and Connor was wearing it right there, in that moment.

"So, how was Christmas?" Simon asks, breathing into his cupped hands to try and warm them up.

"Alright, got ma' sister a new bike, she's been riding it round the neighbourhood for the last week," Connor chuckles, pulling off as he glances to Simon, "And yourself?"

"Good, my mum and I visited my grandparents and my brothers came home to see us and I got a new phone and it was fun," Simon says and Connor nods, glancing in his rearview mirror at the car that was following behind.

"Fuckin' hell, what does this cunt want now?" Connor mutters, pulling over as the undercover police car pulls up behind him. Connor winds down the window as the police officer gets out from the car and approaches. The officer leans his arm on the car as he looks down at the boy in the drivers seat.

"Whats up now?" Connor asks and the officer smirks.

"That anyway to talk to your local law enforcement?" The policeman asks, in the passenger seat, Simon swallows the lump in his throat.

"When the local law enforcement officer speaking to me is a dick, then yeah, it is," Connor replies, a smirk on his lips.

It was then that Simon noticed it, the similarities in the smirk- this police officer was related to Connor, there was no doubt about it.

"Hows your mother and Gracie?"

"They're good, you'd know that if you were still around, now fuck off," Connor says, he puts his foot on the gas, the officer steps away in time to not get caught under the wheels of the car and Connor holds a middle finger out the window as he drives away.

"What a twat, thinking he can stroll up to my car and have a moan about my speaking, that cunt can't even visit his ex-wife or his daughter," Connor mutters, his driving becoming erratic and slightly dangerous as he zoomed down the country lanes.