Chapter 2

Dear,Brother

We both know I have issues mentally. I know I try and act that I'm 'normal' but I'm not and you don't deserve to be stuck with me. Having to watch time fly by without living, finding the person that would make you happy. I kept my promise I didn't tell. I know you probably don't want to life now knowing what's happened. But I love your smile. Even though I act insane I sub-consciously know what I'm doing.

Don't blame mother on my 'demise' or yourself. Remember how you'd read all those fairy tales when I was ill or upset. My favorite story is 'The Little Prince' . Did you know you remind me of him, his bravery I mean. Risking everything for your 'sick' brother.

What I'm trying to say is thank you. I love you. Live well.

Your twin brother, Alexander

xxx

I'm now thirty-four, I have a husband and two kids. But there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about Alexander. I keep his letter in a little chest I keep by my bedside. I say good morning and goodnight. I tell the kids about their uncles adventures, like how he slayed dragons and fell in love with a fairy.

Some days I still cry but I have my family.

This is my brothers story. The story of his life, his death and his sacrifice.

I love you Alexander.

Your twin brother, William