chapter 3:old friends and memories resurface

kazuma pov

I'm sitting on the couch when I see Ken levitating on top of a rock. he opens the window and steps in. " how was your date"I say sarcastically, smiling. " interesting and you would be surprised to know but the girl was the girl who kicked your ass four years ago" he says smirking. " you mean ayano" I say shocked. "yep and I got her memory of her kicking your ass" he says smugly. " you said you would not use that power again" I growl. "I said I wouldn't use that power in that country again" he says finally closing the window. " you sly son of a-" I start but I'm interrupted by Ken saying " ah, tempa tempa do you want to go berserk in here remember I'm not the only one in this building" he says. he's right. I won't cause any more destruction at least not if I can help it. I calm down. "now if you don't mind I have a memory to relive" he says. sitting on the couch beside me. I get up and start to go to my room but I feel a wind spirit tugging on my sleeve. I go to tell it to leave me alone but it pulls away then it tugs my sleeve again like it's leading me somewhere. "I'm going to leave I have a lead on who killed the kannagi members" I say which is true I called the lead detective who is working on the case. " okay, tell me when you find the person who killed them" he says. I disappear and feel my stems spread becoming one with the wind. the spirit starts to run but I follow it. I try to grab it but it alludes my grasp. after the 5th time I start to give up. it must of noticed because it started to pull me along. this is going to be a long day.

ryuya pov

"yes it worked" a spirit says. "who would've thought a wind user would fall for that" another replies. "the plan?" I ask. " the plan was to distract him and lead away from the one with no aura you idiot" a spirit snaps at me. " it doesn't help when you're memories are flowing into mine and that Makes me forget things" I lash out scaring a couple spirits. " you dare tempt us" the spirits yell. I feel a sharp pain in my shoulder. " fuck!!!!" I yell. using my left hand I touch my right shoulder and pull away blood. " now follow the plan" they say. I obey fearing another injury. as I go towards the room I sense a powerful aura around the person and it's unclear like it doesn't know what it is. I enter through the window. I must've entered through the wrong window because I'm in the master bedroom. it looks nice with a king side bed, chandeliers, and a 50" flat screen Tv. I open the door slowly and then rush out shooting the wind. the wind doesn't make it 5 feet before meeting a wall of fire. I charge towards it as it parts. I see a sword come out of the wall first. then I see a face. a face of the past. the face of my nightmares. the face of remembrance. I stop moving as does he. " r-r-ryuya" he stutters. "k-Ken" I say mouth dropping to the floor. I see the emblem of my hopes, fears, good times and bad. I see my best friend, Ken yagami, son of none. boyfriend of my old love. the one who died 7 years ago along with Ken.

Ken pov

my eyes are deceiving me it can't be ryuya. I would've been alerted if it was him. I drop ember and start walking towards him. I stop walking 5 feet in front of him. "I never thought I would see you again" I say. he responds by punching me in the face. " I thought you were dead, asshole" he says. I see a twinkle in his eyes. " if you're alive that must mean......"he stops talking and looks me directly in the eyes." is Yoko alive" he asks me. I don't meet his eyes and look at the ground. he grabs me by my Collar and starts to shake me. " is she alive" he growls. I look in his eyes and see a look I only saw once before. it was the look of hope, love, and anger all at the same time. I look past him and see a black wind behind him. something's wrong I realize. I look him in the eyes and say " no she died that day". he throws me across the room. " how come you live and she doesn't" he says. " the reason is-" I start but I'm interrupted by ryuya. " I don't want excuses, I want to know where she is" he snaps. I open my Mouth to speak but he cuts me off by tackling me out the window. " a life for a life as I say" ryuya says then kicks off me and disappears. my ears pop. I flip around and see the ground coming closer and closer. "this trick better work" I yell. people start to look up and shout. I charge my energy then I hit the ground.

ryuya pov

"we got him good didn't we" I say watching Ken hit the ground. "yes now no one can stop us from continuing our plan" a spirit says obviously pleased. " yes fate shall not tempt me with ghosts of the past" I say. now there shall not be an more reminders of the days of past. I know accept my fate: the bringer of our God, the weaver of sadness, and the one of no friends. I turn away from the scene but an inkling of a thought came to my mind: what have I done. I killed my best friend. I start walking hoping to get away from guilt then I disappeared.

Ken pov

I hear voices. muffled at first but they become clearer moments later. "he can't go back we don't mess with him" I hear a voice that flows like water. " true but his job isn't finished, he's the only one besides us who can go toe to toe against him" a voice says that rumbles the ground. " he's right, it's a risk we have to take what other choice do we have plus I still haven't go to do it yet" a voice says just as the room start to heat up. " I hate to agree with them but they're right" a voice says cooling the room. " 3 to 1, I guess that I have to agree with you all" the first voice says. I snap my eyes open to see I'm in a bag. " what in the name of God did I just hear" I mumble. I push that thought out my head as I try to find my way out. I found out two things: one, the bag was made of either leather or plastic and second, I'm running out of air. I start to burn it but I start to suffocate and stop the fire. I use my mind to feel anything that is useful until I hear voices. then they stop and I feel myself being moved then I stop moving. I hear a zipper then the bag opens and I leap out. the lights burn but I don't care because there is fresh air. I enjoy it for about two seconds until I hear a scream. I whip around and see two doctors: a man who was in shock and a woman who kept screaming. " calm down, please" I say " please just-oh fuck it"I say as I walk towards them. when I reach them I slap them both. they went back to normal afterwards. " where in the name God am I" I ask. the women answers" you're in the morgue and you've been dead for about 3 hours". " does anyone know I was dead" I ask fearing the answer I got. "yes your parents" the man says. oh shit me

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

someone is eventually going to kill me for updating at such a slow pace but that is besides the point. well Don't worry I won't take that long ever again. I have an excuse: I was stuck without WiFi for about two months. so on that note comment, vote, and follow. so until next time, this is shadowofmario signing off