Wrong Timing ✧ Peter

You walk in on something
you didn't expect

Type: fluff
Word Count: 832
Published: October 11, 2017

➳

Your parents have allowed you to stay over at Peter's apartment for the night. As usual, you were in his kitchen, searching his fridge and pantry for some kind of snack you were craving.

"Are you sure you don't want me to cook you anything, (y/n)?" You hear Aunt May come into the kitchen, your back facing her. You were bent over, your face into the cold fridge air.

"No it's okay, May. Thank you, though! I just want something to munch on." You stand up properly, closing the fridge door and turning to May. She stood at the end of the kitchen with a soft smile.

"Alright hun, don't raid the food!" May started to joke and point at you. You were making your way to a cabinet when May continued. "I already have someone eating a full can of Pringles in a day."

May points to the ceiling, indicating she's talking about Peter. You giggle whilst nodding, opening the snack cabinet. "No problem, May."

With that, Aunt May turns around to go back upstairs. You were left alone in the kitchen again. Sighing, you scanned your eyes to find a half eaten bag of Skinny Pop popcorn. Taking your hand to grab the bag, you decided to munch on it.

You opened the bag and started eating the popcorn. Then, you went back upstairs to go to Peter's room, where you expect him to still be in the shower since you left his room when he first went in the bathroom.

Reaching his door with some popcorn in your hand and in your mouth, you pushed down the door knob with your forearm, pushing the door with your foot to open it.

Once you took a step into Peter's bedroom, your eyes were met with a bare back. You felt your eyes widen and maybe a couple popcorn puffs falling from your gaped mouth.

Without a word from you, Peter turned around and found you frozen at the door frame. He gave a sly and cheeky grin, completely exposing his shirtless self.

"Oops." You mumble before chewing the food in your mouth. Peter chuckles as he opens up a grey sweater to throw over his body.

"Yeah I'm gonna step out and you can put on a shirt.. a-and I'll come back in." You state nervously, feeling your cheeks start to heat up as you back up into the hallway.

With your now free-of-popcorn hand, you pull the door closed just as Peter uttered a syllable. You closed the door and it cut him off in his thought.

You hold the popcorn bag by the top and let it hang on your side. With your back softly hitting against his door, you close your eyes as you try to calm down your heart rate.

'And this crush is just getting bigger and bigger.' You think, trying not to melt at the memory you have of his body.

"(Y/n)? You can come in now." You hear Peter against the door. It startled you a little since you were having a quiet moment.

With the sound of the crinkling plastic bag in your hand and the lock of the door undoing itself, you thought you could probably hear your heart beat from a mile away.

Actually walking in, Peter takes a seat on his bed, the grey sweater hanging loose on his shoulders. You follow his lead, taking a seat next to him.

The room smelled of Peter's body soap, something like cucumbers and apples. You noted it, but didn't say anything.

"Any reason why you wanted to step out?" Peter then asked with a slight chuckle in his tone. You felt the heat rise to your cheeks again.

"Just didn't expect to see you without a shirt." You shrugged, finding yourself to maybe sound stupid.

Peter giggled; you thought you were gonna collapse at the sound of his giggle. "Shut up!" You start to joke, lightly punching his bicep. This tactic was to try to hide the embarrassment you were starting to feel boil in your body.

"I dunno, you looked pretty amazed without my shirt." Peter smirked in your direction, earning him an unbelieved scoff from you

"Shut up!!" You yelled again, punching his shoulder harder.

"Ow!! Since when do you have a good arm??" Peter questions, holding his bicep in pain. Rolling your eyes, you put your attention back into the bag of popcorn. You stuffed some puffs in your mouth.

'When I had to fight off my crush for you.'

Thank god no one can read minds.

hey look, crappy ending. anyways, i hope you guys like this type of format. i'm just trying something new to make this book look nicer :) also i'm probably gonna update more frequently because i have so many ideas coming through me right now and i have like almost 10 unpublished chapters so ayee

remember to comment or vote