A Song For You ✧ Tom

I'll show you how much
you mean to me through songs

Type: fluff / romantic
Word Count: 971
Published: October 15, 2017

➳

Sitting on your windowsill, one side of your body flush against the glass, you looked down on the streets of an afternoon day.

Tom was sitting in the middle of your bed in a criss-cross position, quietly strumming the strings of your acoustic guitar. There was his bag he also brought along sitting on the edge of your bed.

You got that guitar for a gift, but never really learned how to play. It didn't mind though because Tom knew how to bring out a melody so the guitar was not so much of a waste.

With your forehead pressed on the window glass, you listened to Tom play a small phrase of notes. He kept going, which made you turn your attention to him.

"That sounds nice." You commented as Tom stopped strumming. He looked up at you and immediately started blushing.

Tom let out a nervous chuckle, reverting his eyes back onto the body of the guitar. You giggled, seeing his embarrassment.

You didn't want to further embarrass Tom so let him go back to do his thing. That is, until a sound hit your floorboards. There was a small cacophony of papers flying everywhere and when you turned to your bed, Tom's bag was upside down, papers scattered everywhere.

Tom put the guitar down and leaned over the side of the mattress while you hopped off the windowsill to help him with the papers.

As you collected a stack, you looked down at what was in your hands. On the paper were stanzas and notes. The notes were messily colored in with pencil, all sitting on different lines of the measures. And on the top of the paper, it said your name.

"O-oh you weren't suppose to s-see those." You hear Tom above you on the bed, since you were still kneeling beside his bag.

Ignoring Tom's hand to give him the papers, you slid over some sheets and saw that there were more notes written on the lines.

"(Y/n), can I please have those?" Tom pleaded. Raising your head, you saw more red flush into his cheeks.

"You're writing a song about me?" You ask quietly as you hesitantly handed him the messy pile of stacked papers you collected. Tom quickly shoved them in his bag and lifted it next to him on the bed.

"I am." Tom confessed right away. Quirking your eyebrows, you saw Tom try to cut the conversation when he brought the guitar back onto his lap.

"C-can you play it for me?"

Tom stopped moving every muscle in his body. Even you felt the tension between you two when you asked the question.

After a minute, Tom nodded microscopically. A small smile crept into your lips as Tom reached behind his back for the note sheets he put away.

Putting the papers on top of your messy blanket, Tom made sure they were in order. He placed each paper next to each other chronologically before picking up his guitar and reading the notes.

Then he started playing. He strummed the strings and occasionally moved his fingers along the neck of the guitar. Tom would also take a glance at the papers to follow along.

There weren't any words to the song, but you could tell it was a sweet and soft type of genre. The way Tom played each note carefully and quietly make your heart swell.

What really surprised you as he played was that Tom started to softly hum to the melody he was playing. It showed that he's been creating this song for quite some time, and maybe throughout that time, he was always thinking about you.

When Tom finished playing with what he already had written down, you had tears streaming down your face. Tom looked up at you and put the guitar down, scooting to the edge of the bed where you stood.

"(Y/n) don't cry." Tom let out a small chuckle as he wrapped his arms around you, pulling your head into his chest. You let out a pathetic sob, following a small laugh because you thought you probably look stupid right now.

"You really like the song?" Tom asked into your hair. You nodded quickly.

"No one has written a song for me, let alone do something like this for me." You manage to say into his shirt. Tom let out another chuckle, rubbing up and down your back.

"I wrote this silly song because I want to show you how much you mean to me. I was gonna play it for you when it's finished, but I guess not." Tom whispered in your ear as you rose your head up to look at him.

Even though you probably have red eyes or a red nose, Tom smiled softly. He tucked a piece of hair behind your ear while you sniffled.

"I love you (y/n). Once I'm done with this song, maybe I'll write you more to keep showing you how much I love you. Who knows, maybe when we get married, I'll play one of my stupid songs at the wedding."

You squealed at the last part because you two have been together for a while now. The thought of a wedding did scare you, but both of you knew it would be a long while until the big day comes.

"But that day is so far away." You whispered when you finally caught your breath from crying.

"Just keep writing those songs for now. I think that'll be enough."

here's a cute and fluffy imagine for you guys :) i hope you're enjoying my imagines; you can always leave requests, too!!

remember to comment or vote