Chapter 2

Joey's Pov

Marissa looked so beautiful wow Charles is one lucky guy. I decided to go outside to get some fresh air and when I went outside I saw Marissa just there by herself , so I went up to her and asked her "Why you out here alone on your birthday ?" She said "I don't know I just didn't want a party you feel me ?" I said " Yeah I feel you I mean it's pretty exhausting." "Exactly" she said.

Marissa's Pov

I was alone outside just thinking while everyone else was having fun inside when I seen Joey come outside. We started talking and I realized. He gets me. He isn't like most people. I say that in a good way. We reslly connected. Then Charles came out and he seemed pretty off. Next thing you know he was high. "Hey baabyy go upstairs!" He said "um okay" I said. We went upstairs and he locked the door and started kissing me and pinned me down on the bed. He tried taking off my shirt , but I stopped him "Charles stop please this isn't you wtf" I said " come on babe let's do it" he said. "No okay I'm not ready for that" I say "okay fine I'll just do it to someone else bye !" He says. I got up and ran downstairs while crying. Everyone looked shocked and started asking me what's wrong I went outside to think about things. Joey soon came out and asked me if I was okay. "Not really Charles just tried to force me to have sex with him..." I say while crying. "Awe come here" he says. He hugged me and said "Everything is gonna be okay. He's stupid and high rn.  I won't let him do anything stupid to you I promise. Any boy would be lucky to have you." He says. I stopped crying and started smiling. "Thanks I really appreciate this. I'm glad you're here." I say then someone comes out it was Charles. I think he's not that high anymore. "Can I talk to you Marissa ?" He asks "Um I guess" I say. Then joey said "Just yell if you need me lol" he goes back inside. "Look um I'm sorry for how I acted. I was stupid and I know you're not ready for that I'm not trying to rush you or anything. I'm very sorry it's okay if you don't want to forgive me. I wouldn't want to either , but I just wanted to let you know" he says. "Oh um it's okay I guess. Yeah you were high and stupid , but don't ever do that again" I say. "Okay" he says and he got up and kissed me and then hugged me and then I just saw someone staring at us from the window. It was joey. He looked sad or something but wtvvv.

30 minutes later

Everyone started going home and it was just me , Charles , and joey left. Charles went to go upstairs and take a shower cause all he smelt like was smoke. Joey really didn't talk to me after what happened so I said this "Hey I'm really happy I have you cause you were there when nobody else was." "I'm always here ummm I was thinking do you want to hang out tomorrow at 3pm ?" He says "um lemme check and yes I can go" I say. "Okay well see you tmr" he says "okay bye" I say. Charles comes downstairs and says "heey baby I was thinking if you wanted to do something tmr in the afternoon?" "Oh um I'm actually gonna hang out with Lexi tmr" I say "Oh okay well ill see you tmr goodnight I love you and oh I forgot to give you this happy birthday babe I promise I will take care of you and I will never stop loving you I will do whatever I can to make you happy and I hope you enjoy this just know that I love you" he gives me a box. I open the box and I see a promise ring. I literally was about to bust into tears. Whenever he said "don't cry babe I just want you to be happy" I say " I'm already happy whenever I'm with you I love you so much I love it " then he said " im glad you did goodnight ill see you tmr hopefully"