a serious question

do you think it's worse to:

A) Neglect a child for a long time. Involving leaving them home alone for hours upon hours, regardless of age, without providing food or any sort of protection. completely oblivious to their existence, and only doing simple shit like paying for basic needs and school. the parents are barely involved in the kids life, and they always treat what's important to them like crap without physically saying anything. overall, it's like never having anyone in your life. Leaving a child home alone for days, and giving little attention to sickness/injury/disability is prevalent. Lack of presence in school activities, disregard to social life and wants, false promises, and minimal support is common. However, the child is never abused in a more direct way; as in punching or rude words.

or

B.) Verbally/Physically abusing a child. As in using violence, nothing too severe. Using hitting, slapping, punching, kicking, etc. Obviously, the violence isn't 24/7, but bruises and marks tend to be left behind when the parent does indeed lash out. Obsessive cursing and degrading words are common, and likes and passions are brought down into the ground. They live in constant fear of a new scratch, and are somewhat bullied by the people they live with. The parents are involved, and regarded the child's existence, despite the outbursts.