Chapter 32 - Times To Unwind

"I'm telling you, ever since that creepy letter, Aubrey's had security on LOCK girl. Everywhere I turn there's some suit in the corner," she bopped her head at three of her bodyguards on the premises, "I can't even piss without someone asking me what the fuck I'm doing. And trust me, I piss a lot!" she expressed affirmatively, "It's driving me insane."

Robyn checked her phone for what might have been the eight time already. The amount of birthday wishes she had been receiving could take up to an hour to read and respond.

She had a basic black snapback, huge sunglasses on, and her hair curled around her face which would help minimize the chances of her identity being revealed. All she wanted was to shop for her child in peace.

On a good note, most people who had recognized her asked for pictures and cordially (they tried) kept quiet about it with Robyn's personal request.

"You know he's just tryna keep his baby-momma aliveee." Melissa searched around the rack of adorable costumes which had a basketball jersey, a purple dinosaur, and more. "Plus, you know how protective he's been. You see it and I see it. Hell, anyone who's been around y'all as long as me can see dat shit." She shrugged before reaching deep in her purse for her buzzing phone.

She grinned at her screen before quickly returning her attention onto the birthday girl.

"If he too extra just tell him about it. I'm sure he won't trip."

After pushing up her shades by the rim, Robyn nodded like she understood her point. "You're right..."

The clothes were so small, she could not help but smile at the ones who caught her eye the most. There was an immense selection, therefore her credit card was surely going to suffer a little.

"What the fuck, look at these Gucci socks M!" she gushed over how tiny and cute the pair looked before continuing her persistant shopping. "Where'd you find dis place anyway?"

"Girl I don't even kno'. I deadass searched up on Google: bougie and expensive baby stores near me. Den bam, we here."

After laughing in unison, they moved to another captivating aile.

"As if my baby is getting older awwww," Melissa cooed jokingly. She smiled at the same time she peered over Robyn's shoulder, onto a pair of kicks that caught her attention.

"Girl shut up, we both know I ain't that grown up. Still a petty ass child at heart. Always."

"Very true. But all bullshit aside, I'm just glad I got to take you out for ya birfdayy! Even though this really isn't much."

"What? No, this is great babes! I'm happy too! I missed you so much!! You need to stop working so much and come stay wit me," Robyn pouted dramatically.

"Mhm imma have to rent y'all big ass guest room."

"Please do. It's already waitin' fa you. Right beside Syden's room."

"Yeah right! No way I'm da one who's gonna endure ya kids screaming, and there's no way Aubrey would be happy wit me dere."

"Oh please, I wish he'd say something. His homeboys are always around, mine would just be permanent." She shrugged while placing more items in her basket. She should have considered taking a cart.