]Part 4]

"Braden?" We turned and saw a girl about our age. She had bleached her hair and it turned out looking kind of yellowy-green. I could tell. And then . . .

That bitch-bimbo slapped me!

-

"What the fuck was that for?" That ass-muncher! Why would she slap me? I mean seriously?

"You're with my boyfriend!" I looked up at Braden.

He shook his head. "Amanda, I already told you this. You are NOT my girlfriend and I am NOT your boyfriend."

Amanda - who was obviously the whore - had wide eyes. "Wha -- What? What about all those times when you'd come and we'd --"

"That's enough, Amanda! Go now before you embarrass yourself even more." She hesitated but went away just as he told her to. "I'm really sorry about --" He saw the terrified look I had on my face. That girl had been around, most definitely. And then he didn't use anything . . . What if I had a disease?

"Uhm . . . did you like . . . have sex with her?"

"Yes but only twice."

"Do you have AIDS? Or Herpes? Or anything like that?" Oh, dear Lord! Please, please tell me he doesn't.

"Uhm . . . I don't know . . ." At least, it wasn't a complete yes.

"We're going to the testie . . . place-thingy where you get tested. I'll call tonight." He wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm sorry . . ."

I sighed. "Uhm . . . well . . . I'm gonna go . . . home now so, uhm . . . yeah . . . bye."

"I'll walk you home."

It was a silent and somewhat awkward but he kept his arm around my shoulder the whole time. When we got on my porch he brought me into a kiss. Why would he not say a single word to me all the way here and then kiss me goodbye?

As confused as I was, I couldn't stop thinking about him. I made myself a sandwich hoping to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I made a mayonnaise and mustard sandwich. I sighed at my mess-up and just put some ham in between the bread.

The whole day I couldn't concentrate on anything. I took a shower; instead of shampoo, I accidentally used body wash in my hair. Instead of wrapping my towel robe around myself, I wrapped my fuzzy robe and being wet some fuzz got on me so I had to rinse off.

I went to bed and I even DREAMED about him!

I was walking on a beach in my black two-piece bathing suit. There was a soft wind that blew my hair to the side slightly. I was looking for something. And of course, he was there about ten feet away. He wore black board shorts and a white button down shirt with half the buttons unbuttoned all the way down. We ran up to each other and he picked me up. I was truly happy. Suddenly, a little girl came up to us. Braden picked her up and swung her around. A little boy came stumbling after her. I picked him up. After a couple minutes we put the little kids down and I held hands with the boy on one side, Braden the other while Braden was holding the girl's hand.

"I love having children."

That was the last part of the dream before I woke up. I was hyperventilating. "Wha . . . what?! Wait! It was just a dream . . . right . . . just a dream."

I checked the alarm. It was six o'clock in the morning. Okay, I have school in an hour and a half. All right . . .

I got ready and rushed. I was ready at 6:47. I decided I'd walk to school that day. I went up to my friend Jack. "Hi!"