Chapter XV: Murderer

Ariel's POV

"Hey Clara! Meet Grayson and Emilia.", I said, grinning.

Emilia's face fell, and I could have sworn I saw her glare at Clara for a second.

"Hey...", Clara said, awkwardly.

"Okay, so Gray and I are late for Biology, Emilia can help you with your schedule, bye!", I said, and took off in the direction of the Math classroom, with Grayson following me.

• • •

I sat beside Gray in the back of the classroom.

"How's your blonde boyfriend?", he asked

I choked on air.

"Who?!", I exclaimed in shock.

Grayson rolled his eyes. "Jakie."

"He's.... a friend.", I said, narrowing my eyes.

"And that would certainly explain why you had your pants off in a deserted school bus with him lying next to you.", he muttered sarcastically, loud enough for me to hear.

"Excuse me, but my pants were loose. And how did you know I was with him?!", I asked, suddenly remembering the feeling of someone watching me.

Grayson shrugged. "I was just passing by.", he said.

The classroom door opened and Mr.Smith walked in, holding a briefcase.

Grayson and I looked at each other as the whole class erupted into whispers.

"I'll be substituting for your Biology teacher, whoever he or she is.", he said, and opened the briefcase.

He took out an eighth grader's science textbook out, as the whole class again, erupted into whispers.

"Does he even know what he's supposed to be doing?!", a blonde girl shouted loudly.

Mr.Smith gave her a look and she shut up.

• • •

I went into my apartment and shut the door, sighing.

Jake's POV (🤢)

I sat on my doorstep, scrolling through my contacts.

P...Q.....R!

I found the number and dialed it.

"What?", the lady said.

"I found her."

"You sure?"

"Yes. Besides, even you said it was her."

"Well, I couldn't be sure, now could I?"

"I don't know, could you?"

"This is no time for jokes, Jake. How are you sure it's her anyway?"

"We talked."

"Did she recognize you?"

"Well, of course she did."

"Fool! Now you'll have to be extra careful!"

"Don't blame me. It wasn't my fault!"

"Fine."

"Fine."

I hung up and stared up at the moon, waiting for her.

Soon enough, a tall, slender figure walked towards me. I waited until the moon shone on her beautiful face.

She walked towards me, her dark hair in a tight ponytail. She was wearing a plain black tank top and low-waisted jeans with some sneakers.

And oh my, she looked stunning.

"Hey babe.", she said, walking towards me.

I got up and walked to her. Tracing my knuckles along her sharp jaw, I softly kissed her. She kissed me back, equally softly.

We pulled apart, smiling at each other.

But her smile quickly faded.

"What's wrong babe?", I asked her.

"The plan is falling apart.", she said.

"What do you mean?", I asked, frowning.

"Clara. Clara Carter.", she said.

"The new girl. What about her?", I asked.

"Remember the assassin that was spying on us? The assassin who was going to kill you?", she asked, her face etched with worry.

"The one whom you caught and like, you saw his face and stuff? Babe, that wasn't an assassin. It was just a guy trying to kill me.", I said.

"Her.", she said.

"What?", I asked.

"The 'guy' was a her, Jake. Girl. Woman. Female.", she said annoyed.

"Yeah, fine. So what?", I said again.

"Don't you get it?! CLARA CARTER IS THE ONE WHO TRIED TO MURDER YOU!", she shouted.

• • •

A/N: Writer's Block and my schedule don't go very well. I'm sorry, for not updating in quite a long time, and I hope you liked this chapter! Make sure to vote and comment!

• • •