Oddly Charming: Makoto X Kirigiri

Requested by TheRealMonokuntNaegi! Hope you enjoyed the cover and the story!

-----------------------
Kirigiri's POV
I excel in only one thing. That's of course, being a detective which I'm pretty proud of. Everyday when I have free time I read mystery books that needs cracking cases and usually takes me lesser and lesser time to figure out what happened in the story. Then my father noticed my skills and decided to enroll me on the school wherein he's the principal, Hope's Peak Academy. There I met other skillful students. Though one really caught my attention, Makoto Naegi.

I firmly observed his attitude, his movements, his talent. Although he is just the school's Luckster, I think... I think he is supposed to be more than that. Something more special, something the school really could use him for. Although he could be clumsy sometimes, he looks cute that way. I couldn't take it anymore. I feel like a stalker, so I went up and talked to him.

While I was walking to meet him, I can feel myself heat up. I just wanted to say 'hi, how are you' or something like that. At least there are somethings that I got out of my system. Not realizing the I was jear him already, I bumped onto his shoulders and I stumbled. Crap! I'm not like this, I need to act normal. And so I did and introduced myself to him. "Ky-Kyoko Kirigiri. The Detective." I said sloppily bowing down as he introduced himself to me.

"I- I kinda-- like you." Random words that released from my mouth. I'm such an idiot when it's about love. "Uhh-- we barely know each other and you like me already? Haha! How funny." He said while walking away. I kinda expected that answer but something was wrong. Something unexpected happened. As he walks away, I felt my heart somehow hurts and I started coughing. As I looked at my right hand, I saw a pink petal that came from... my mouth?

What in the world is this? Did I eat a flower or something? I'm so confused, yet it's a mystery that I want to crack. Everytime I think of Naegi, I start to cough these petals. One was stuck on my throat and I had trouble breathing that time. It hurts, so much. It hurts more than my heart, but I won't stop investigating my problem. Day and night I tried to figure out what my problem is but still failed. I felt hopeless now, I don't know what to do anymore. The very first case I failed, I'm such a failure.

Several weeks have passed and everyone noticed that I'm not on my own self. They knew that something is bothering me, but there was only one who had the guts to approach me, Makoto Naegi. I tried my best not to look ag him in the eye, though he wants me to look at him. "Hey! Look at me. What's wrong?" He asked, tilting his head. I didn't look at him but answered, "It's pretty obvious, right?". "The petals?" He asked again. I was shocked that he knew about what's going on.

"I saw one at the corridor earlier, you let one fell in your hand and I decided to check on it." He exclaimed. Crap! I became careless. "Where did you get that?" He asked me once again. I turned my face to him with a blank expression. "Don't tell anyone else, okay?" I requested him and he nodded as a response. I quickly grabbed his arm amd pulled him outside the classroom and brought him to the lockers where we are alone.
"It came from my mouth." I exclaimed, trying my best not to freak him out.

He gasped in fear as if he knew what's wrong with me. "Hanahaki Disease" he told me. Hanahaki Disease? What in the world is that? "You suffer from coughing out petals because of unrequited love." He explained. What?!? It doesn't make any sense. How come love is related to this? Why am I coughing out petals? Why does Naegi know this and I don't?

"I- I'm sorry, Kirigiri." He suddenly apologized. Okay, I am so confused right now. Now he's apologizing? What's going on?! He suddenly pinched my cheeks and smiled at me. "Don't worry about it, Kirigiri. You'll be okay now." He said blushing and smiling. "Y-You like me?" I asked just to be sure. "If I don't, shouldn't you supposed to be coughing out more petals?" Naegi shyly asked, blushing harder. "*smiles* Logic, huh?" I said as a relief and hugged Naegi. "Thank you so much! I thought I'd die because of this." I said giving him a kiss and he kissed me back as a response.

---------------
END
---------------

Hi! Sorry for the very late update. I didn't have time last week because of some crazy shinanigans at school. Now, I'm starting to be a little bit free so I have some time to fulfill your requests.

Hope you enjoyed this story!!