Chapter 10: part 1

@WorldReader_4235
@PhantomWriterGZ

Danny POV
I was typing an essay for school when there was a knock on the door. Grumbling under my breath, I got up to see who it was.

"Dick?" I ask upon seeing him and the others on my doorstep in the pouring rain.

He gives me a sheepish smile. "Hi, Danny. Do you mind if we come in and wait out the storm?"

I open the door wider so they can come in "not at all."

I curled back up in the recliner to continue working on my essay as they let themselves in, taking off their shoes and rain soaked coats by the door.

"You remember where everything is?" I ask Dick as he walked by.

"Yeah. Come on guys, follow me."

I got up a few minutes later and started making us all something to eat. They came in just as I was finishing. Without a word, Dick automatically started setting the table while Wally placed cups of water around the table before they both sat down, the others following their example.

"So, what masterpiece did you make us this time, Danny?" Wally asks, rubbing his hands together.

I laughed. "You always say that when you want your favorite dessert."

Dick smirks as Wally blushes, sputtering protests.

"I made one of my personal favorites" I say as I place the serving dishes in the center if the table. "Slow roasted beef and brown gravy, Texas style toast and cheesy mashed potatoes, and colored greens. And for dessert, I have strawberry shortcake with vanilla bean ice cream."

As we all tucked into our food, Dick, Wally and I made small talk while the others ate their food like someone was going to take it from them. Conner collected the dishes and helped me grab dessert-as he does every time I have him over to eat.

"Thank you for having us, Danny. The food was wonderful." Kaldur said respectfully.

Robin POV
Danny just gave a smile and went to help Conner wash the dishes.

Megan looked around Danny's house in awe as Artemis made herself comfy on the couch across from Wally and I.

Kaldur ventured deeper into the room cautiously, obviously not used to these social situations. "You seem very . . . at home here." He said, tilting his head inquizzatively.

"Oh yeah, Rob and I hang out with Danny all the time." Wally said.

I nodded. "I'm around Danny's so much that it's not uncommon for me to spend the night here."

////////////////////////////////

We waved bye to Danny as we left just as Red Tornado radioed us to meet Bats at Mnt. Justice.

Danny POV
I locked the door after Conner and went to my room for the night. I had just pulled the covers back on my bed when I herd a loud POP! from behind me . . . .

(A/N: I had a lot of reactions to my dragon, so I drew my new kitty. His name is Pudge and I rescued him from his previous owner, who was going to throw him into oncoming traffic. He's mute but is a total sweetheart.💜 He is also the one responsible for all my typos, he wants to helps so bad. It's honestly the cutest thing I've ever seen🐾❤️)