2| New Friends?

Mr. Hatchel was still talking when the bell rung, but I didn't care. I was the first person to stand up and start packing up. Well, actually, I was the ONLY person to stand up. What wrong with these people? Don't they know what a bell means?

"Oh, Miss Drake. The bell doesn't dismiss you, I do," Mr. Hatchel said as he turned away from the chalkboard. Seriously? He's one of those teachers?

"Well, then what's the point of the bell?" I challenged, putting my bag over one of my shoulders.

I heard a few people snicker, including Lauren, and a couple of "amen"s were said. I could tell they came from the group of guys that whistled at me. Mr. Hatchel, however, was not amused.

"I only need a moment more of your time, so have a seat, Miss Drake," he said as he pulled down his outdated glasses so they were at the tip of his nose. Why do people do that? It just makes them look stupid, not intimidating.

I rolled my eyes as I sat back down, but I made a mental note that Mr. Hatchel sucked.

After talking for another three minutes, he finally dismissed us, and I was beyond irritated. I only had five minutes left, out of the original ten that I had, to find my next class. I was one of the first out the door, and I heard Lauren yell a "bye" out to me. I gave her a small wave as I entered the hall, but then I stopped.

"Hey, Lauren! Could you show me where room 404 is?" I asked, running back into the room.

She looked up from her desk, still packing up. Her perfect eyebrows scrunched up as her face turned into a small frown.

"I wish I could, but that's on the other side of school, and my next class is just next door," she said. I could tell she didn't want to disappoint me, even though we just met. Yeah, I like this girl.

I shot her a smile before letting her know it was okay. It wasn't her fault I'm clueless. She shouldn't have to be late just to help me out. I wouldn't want her to be.

As I turned back around, I almost walked right into a wall. Well, I thought it was a wall, until I realized I was looking at a white t-shirt. But, I'm sure walking into it, it would have felt like a wall.

"Oh, my bad," I said, looking up at the curly blonde boy looking down at me. He had a small grin on his face that made me smile back at him.

"I could show you where room 404 is if you want," he offered.

"Really?! That'd be great! Thanks!"

As we walked down the halls, I couldn't help but notice a few stares, but I knew it was just because I was new; or maybe it was because of who I was walking with. Feeling a need to boost my ego, I settled on the former. But it was fine because in a couple of days, no one would even care.

Looking at my watch, I saw that I had a little more than three minutes before I'd be late.

"Hey, you're not going to be late to class because of this, are you?" I wondered. I hated inconveniencing people.

He just smiled, a small laugh escaping his mouth.

"I'll be fine. I'm headed this direction anyway," he stated.

"Are you sure? I don't want you to get in trouble or something."

"I won't. I promise," he laughed, grinning at me.

He had perfect white teeth, and I wasn't sure how I didn't notice that he was incredibly attractive. His dark brown eyes were so friendly and inviting. I wished I was taller, so I didn't have to rely on him looking at me to see his face clearly.