Chapter Fourteen - The Rift Pt. 3

"Boss Man Lao? You told me you didn't have a family," Satoru said.

"That's correct. This girl is not my daughter," Lao said coldly and he turned around to leave.

"What?!" Aang said in disbelief.

"Mr. Beifong, how could say such a thing?!" Katara said.

"Liar!" Sokka shouted angrily.

"You're lying, Mr. Beifong, you're lying!" Iris shouted angrily.

"Wait, so he really is your dad?" Satoru asked confusedly turning at Toph.

"Satoru, mind your own business!" His uncle started lecturing him.

"Guards, escort this confused young lady and her friends out of here," Lao ordered the Rough Rhinos as he started walking away. "And make sure they won't come back,"

Toph tried to reach to him, but he ignored her.

"You heard the man. So you want to do this the easy way or the hard way?" Mongke asked looking at Aang and Iris.

"Avatar Aang, Defender Iris aren't we leaving," One of the Air Acolytes asked.

"No, we're not leaving until we talk to somebody about the location of this refinery!" Aang said angrily getting in his stance.

"We're not leaving until I talk to my dad!" Toph said getting in her stance as well.

The rest of the Rough Rhinos came out, all taking their weapons out and getting in their stances.

"Okay, the hard way it is," Mongke said.

"We need to get this fight out of the building and away from the workers. We can't risk injuring any of them," Iris said taking her staff out.

"That's a whole lot of big, burly men. You guys sure we want to do this?" Sokka asked half scared tightening his grasp around his water tribe sword.

"Common, we're the Defender and the Avatar, nothing we can't handle," Iris said.

Mongke sent a strong fire blast at Aang and Toph and Iris jumped in front of them using her air bending with her stuff bending the fire away.

"Toph, can you create a slide beneath their feet?" Aang asked.

"You got it!" Toph said and she hit her one foot powerfully on the ground rising the layer of earth beneath their feet and Aang bent it making it a slide.

Mongke and some of the others fell behind and Iris flew up in the air sending a strong air blast, blasting them all away and out of the building.

"So, uh... I guess that's a 'yes' to the big-burly-men question?" Sokka asked following the others as they ran towards the Rough Rhinos.

"Air Acolytes, this is gonna get messy. Find some-place safe!" Aang shouted at them.

"Elin, take them out of here!" Iris said at her new friend.

"But I wanna fight-" Elin tried to say but Aang cut her.

"No, guys, just go!" Aang shouted not noticing one of the Rough Rhinos running towards him.

"Aang, watch out!" Iris shouted as Aang jumped out of the way and Iris attacked the tall muscular man.

She gave him a few quick jabs on his torso blocking his chi and completely paralyzing him. He fell down unable to move.

"Hey, are you new at the Rough Rhinos?" Iris asked not being able to recognize him.

"I used to make good living serving under Fire Lord Ozai's army but then you and your brother destroyed everything!" The man said angrily, still not being able to move.