BRIAN O'CONNER [3]

A/N ~this is for Mj1247. I hope you like it x BY THE WAY I will do the other imagines soon. I just have a load of stuff to do too. I have a very busy life.

Brian is busy packing his bags upstairs in the bedroom whilst you sit in the living room downstairs, praying that Brian won't go. Brian has been asked to another job with the team again but you don't want him to go.

The reason is, you're pregnant. You haven't told Brian yet but you fear that if he is going on the job, he will be in serious danger. And to be honest, you wouldn't want your child to be having to visit their father at the cemetery. No child wants that. But you guess that now is the time to tell him to try and persuade him.

You sit in silence, nervous on what to say to Brian when he comes downstairs with a bag containing his belongings. A few minutes pass, then you hear Brian shuffling down the stairs.

"Y/N?" He calls as he sets his bag in the hallway, "Where are you?"

"In here." You call back in a wobbly voice. The tears are coming. Brian walks into the living room to see you sitting on the sofa. You turn around to see Brian smiling a little but then his smile fades at the sight of you looking upset.

"What's up?" He asks with concern, sitting down next to you. You wipe a slight tear off your cheek using your jacket sleeve.

"I don't want you to leave..." The last word trails off your tongue and Brian immediately pulls you into a hug. It is a warm embrace; the ones that can engulf you in care and affection. It is one of them hugs that can make you feel a ton better, the ones that show that they will never let go. Them hugs are one of the best out there as they show that you are loved and you will never be alone. That was one of Brian's lovable traits: he gives amazing hugs. He didn't pull away; he knew that you wanted to stay in his embrace for longer. He just stroked your hair in a calming way.

You started to sob a little and Brian just hugged you a little harder. Not too hard though. "I know you don't....I know." He soothed. "What makes you so bothered this time? Is something wrong?" He asked, pulling away slightly so he can make eye contact with you.

You looked down, "I don't know if it is wrong...." You look back up again, your eyes meeting his sparkling blue ones. "Brian...what if something happens? What if you get shot? What if you never make it to the other end of the road? What if you...c-cr-crash? What if you are never going to come home again?" You are trying to fight your tears back, but the pain is too strong.

Brian shakes his head, "Y/N, I will be back. I promise with all my heart. I will return and I will see you again. I am not leaving this world without you. Trust me, I am not going anywhere." He wipes a tear off your cheek then kisses you lightly.

"Promise you'll come back home to us?" You ask before suddenly realising the last word you said.

"Us?" Brian asks in slight confusion. You look down for a second before looking back up in a little more confidence.

"I'm pregnant."

Brian looks startled for a second then looks down to the floor. You suddenly become worried in case Brian is upset or angry about it. "Is something wrong?"

Then Brian hugs you again even more, not too tight so he can't hurt you. This hug is even more special and Brian ends it with one loving kiss, your arms wrapped around his neck securely. He pulls back with a smile, "Nothing is wrong. I love you so much and I promise that I won't leave you."

You seem a little confused, "What?"

"I am not going to leave. I am not risking my life for something that is not as important to our new family. I'll ring Dom and just say that I couldn't make it. I will explain it to him another time if you want." Brian explains and you nod.

"Okay." You say with a smile, "Can we just keep this between us for now? The world can know about this another day." Brian nods and then he lets go of you. Just for a second though. He leans back onto the sofa so that he is slightly lying down, with his back propped up against the cushions at the end of the sofa. He then opens his arms out to you and you decide to snuggle up into his arms. He wraps his arms around you protectively and kisses your forehead.

"You are so much more important to me than anything else, Y/N. I love you."

"I love you too."

A/N ~ gosh I was so close to crying when I was writing this. I WAS NEARLY CRYING I SWEAR. I never cry when I am writing or even reading lmao. anyway I hope you liked it. I think I have improved a little now after my short break from writing. whoo.