33: The Buffalo Snort

Crossing the border was, I'm happy to say, uneventful. Not that it wasn't exciting! Don't get me wrong! My heart was about to beat out of my chest! I was stealing a car and crossing a border! But, like I said, a cakewalk. Whew! From there we had about a two hour drive to our destination. I was looking forward to seeing the property Chris had.

Chris explained that as Americans, we're not allowed to own property in Mexico but we can get a 20 year lease on it instead. That is what she had. She said it needed to have some updating done and some repairs before she could use it as a vacation rental. She might have understated things a bit...

When we got there, we found a box shaped building made of stucco. It was not as big as my car in length or width and had no windows. I dont think it even had window frames, but I may be wrong. It did have a front door but that was about it! There was no furniture, no fixtures, no toilets either. (There was a space where it looked like a toilet should go though, so that was something!) It didn't matter. It had its own driveway and that's all that mattered.

It did have a spectacular view of La Bufadora as well! I was told that means 'The Buffalo Snort!' It is a natural blow hole. That's a place where the ocean swell is pushed into an underground cave and once pushed to the back of it, spouts through a hole in the rock above it.., like a big sneeze!

We watched it for a short while and then parked and locked the BMW and got in our friends' car and went home. Unfortunately it didn't work out that well for the owner of the BMW. Hehe... Apparently, mexican police found the stolen vehicle and, after reporting it to the US authorities, it somehow ended up in the custody of the insurance company! They were only too pleased to return the car to its owner! Lol! She got it back before we even got back from stealing it! It had been stripped and the stereo was gone! I suppose it was right that she didn't pay us the $500 she had promised for our efforts.

--------------------

If you've read everything up to this point, you will remember my story about my friend Raven. Then, perhaps you will also laugh your ass off - as I am doing right now - when I tell you that, since publishing this chapter, I received a text message from Raven. This is what it said...

"Never leave a car parked without the keys!!!!! Always leave the keys silly"

Thanks Raven! Next time... Lol!