r / 14

he had fear, he hesitated. he couldn't speak his thoughts.

• • •

as the days passed, it was harder for yerin to face woojin because of jieun and her threats. she would have to ignore him and leave him. yerin just felt scared. and being talked straight up for being close with someone's crush, is little scary and irritating. although she felt bad for jihoon how tried to comfort her but she would always lash out on him.

"sorry jihoon," yerin said to jihoon. she lashed out on him again. they were currently at yerin's house, sitting on her bed. jihoon knew exactly why yerin was crying and sad at the bus stop the other day and he couldn't help but feel angry and annoyed at jieun.

"there's the school dance in two days! why don't we go?" jihoon tries to lighten the mood.

"sorry jihoon, i don't want to go," yerin says wrapping herself in her blanket, "i don't want to go to the dance," she adds.

"why~?" jihoon teasingly nudged her, "i'll protect you if someone come hear!" which made yerin laugh a bit. she faced him and just shook her head with a small smile.

"i don't want to go," she bluntly states turning her smile down, making jihoon's face stone up.

"ya, the only reason why you're here depressed is because of that woojin boy. you're thinking about him too much. it's annoying," he says. yerin hits his leg.

"come on! go to the dance!" jihoon says almost scolding her. jihoon and yerin would always have these times when they would fight and make negative remarks to each other, but remarks they don't mean.

"i almost wish you weren't here," yerin says.

"i almost wish i didn't know you," jihoon states.

"hmph," yerin turned around again. jihoon just smiled and silently shook his head.

• • •

it was the next day during lunch and jihoon and yerin were making their way back to homeroom where they heard gasps and claps. it was just outside where everyone was gathered.

"what is it?" jihoon was curious, so he went to where the commotion was. he stood on cement ledges and saw what it was. yerin stood besides him and tried looking over the tall people.

i hate being short...

"nothing," jihoon didn't want to upset yerin more so he got down, grabbed her wrist and pulled her back into the building.

"what is it?" she refrained and went back to the cement ledge to see. her excitement dropped all the way. in the center of the circle of people, stood jieun and woojin. jieun smiled widely as she held the flowers, possibly from woojin. and for woojin, he didn't seem quite comfortable being there as pictured were taken and everyone was gathering around.

as woojin looked around, he made eye contact with yerin, but she cut it off by stepping off the ledge and heading aback inside. jihoon followed behind as they made their way back into their homeroom. there, yerin wrote again.

17-09-12
i'm so stressed. i'm so scared. i'm so sad. i wish i took back that day when we first met.

yerin sighed and tore up the paper that only contained a few words. jihoon noticed as he was playing games on his phone.

"are you going?" jihoon asks as yerin got up from her desk.

"mm," jihoon got up and followed her. jihoon promised yerin he'd be with her in case anything happened to her because he felt guilty and sad that he wasn't there to protect her from jieun. so he promised to be with yerin at school so jieun wouldn't catch her.

the two walked in silence as they made their way to the garden garbage bucket where yerin threw away the ball.

"wait. don't go yet," jihoon says as he is was drawn to the beauty of the garden. yerin looked over and followed the male into the garden. jihoon looked around satisfied and sat at the bench.

"isn't it nice?" he says. yerin took a seat next to him and nodded.

"i like it," she replies. they sat their in silence, letting the wind carefully pick up their strands of hair and gently graze their face. they enjoyed the fresh air and the sun glistening over them warmly.

by the time the bell rang, the two went back in with calm state of mind as they made their way back to homeroom. they laughed and talked like usual and it made them feel more comfortable and just like their ordinary selves.

• • •

just after school and when the bell rang, woojin tried his best to pack his things quickly in order to avoid jieun, but that was no use.

"woojin~" she came over sweetly and cutely. honestly, he was tired of that. he hated seeing her and hated her being around. woojin wanted to say that to her, but he didn't want to because that wasn't the type of thing he does. he wanted to avoid her and push her away.

"let's go home together~" jieun says linking arms with him and walking out the class and out to the gate. there, they went into jieun's car that was waiting. with that, the chauffeur drove off.

"where are we going?" woojin asks as they passed his house.

"date!" jieun chimed. that was something that woojin hated the most about jieun. dates. he'd shiver every time the words escaped her lips. they went on dates nearly everyone day of the week and it was all the same thing. fancy restaurant, movies and river holding hands.

"huh? again?" woojin says.

"why? you don't want to?" jieun asked sounding a bit offended.

"n-no!" he says trying to cheer her up. jeez. if you made her sad, she'd cry like a baby.

"let's go on the date," he says. jieun smiled immediately and nodded as she leaned her head against his arm. woojin mentally cursed and hit himself.

why can't you be here instead...

• • •

ahhhhhh so so sorry! i'm so bad with timing hahaha. i've been so busy with school work and editing the chapters again.

but oh my gosh!! almost 2k reads?!?thank you so much!!! i don't know how to respond and give back i feel so happy ;') thank you so much!

also! it's almost the end of the book!!!! one more chapter!! i still can't believe i made it this far into the story hahah i didn't think this would go far but all the things that this book has received really made me motivated to continue it :) so thank you!

i've been working on like for other stories and they're all stored in my library right now and i don't know if they will be published any time soon but please look forward to it ><

i hope you enjoyed this chapter. it's a bit long ^^ but thank you for reading!!

xoxo - lienao1 <3