s / 15

he said.

• • •

it was the night of the dance and yerin was not feeling like she had the desire to leave her bed and blankets. she was comfortable. she melted in her blanket feeling the soft material. plus, it was the day before the weekend.

"mm~ blanket~" she was satisfied, until she heard the front door beep and footsteps coming up to her bedroom. the door opened to show jihoon in his black suit that was ironed neatly. no wrinkles were shown. he had a rose in his breast pocket and the white boutonnière in his other hand. although yerin didn't open her eyes.

"ya! why aren't you dressed?" jihoon shouts randomly walking over yerin.

"i already told you, i didn't want to go," yerin mumbles.

"ya, this is my first dance here and it's going to be my last, so are you going to make me happy or not?" jihoon comments. yerin thought for a while. it was jihoon's first and last dance here since he was going to leave back to busan. he hasn't told why, he just said he had to.

she felt bad that she wasn't going because jihoon would be alone and it wouldn't be the best experience for him.

"why didn't you ask someone?" yerin says.

"i wish i could just hit you," he scolds. yerin smiled and opened her she's to make eye contact with jihoon.

"just for me," he says, "your cousin park jihoon!" which made yerin laugh.

"alright," yerin sighed and giving in. yerin forced herself out of her blankets and went to change into a long light pink chiffon dress with small details of diamonds as decoration. as she made it out of her bedroom, jihoon smiled widely.

"it feels like i'm letting you out to go abroad," he pretends to cry.

"what is that supposed to mean?" yerin says laughing, "that doesn't make sense either!" jihoon joined in laughing as yerin quickly gave her hair light curls and light makeup.

"mm~" jihoon nods in satisfaction at the attire. he walks over and outs on the white boutonnière.

"better," he says. before leaving, they took one picture together with the setup of his phone on the counter of a table. the two made their way out to the school and yes, they were getting stared down at from strangers for wearing such nice clothes and riding the subway. but the two didn't care less.

with their arrival at school, they heard the distant booming music from outside. they go in to the gym and nearly everything was dark as the music was more louder and students danced, laughed, talked and got drinks from the buffet table.

"wah," jihoon was in awe at the scenery in front of him, "wah!" jihoon looked back at yerin and smiled widely. it was like a child that getting excited over a dog barking.

"let's dance!" jihoon shouts over the music. he held onto yerin's hand and made their way to close to the center of the circled group of students. jihoon dances his heart out as yerin laughed in joy and moved along to the beat.

she felt the beat of the music travel through her body as she accepted it and moved along to it. she loved it. it was long since she felt the rush of excitement and chills run along her body. yerin felt free and relaxed.